You can setup Folders with Filters in your Gmail Account to get Emails directly sent to specific Folders, instead of landing in the Inbox of your Gmail Account. If this sounds interesting, you will find below the steps to get Emails directly in specific Gmail Folders.
Get Emails In Specific Gmail Folders
The default Gmail setting is designed to deliver all Emails into the Inbox, allowing users to find all incoming Mail at a single location. This works really well in case you are getting a limited or reasonable amount of Emails in a day.
However, some people receive hundreds of Emails on a daily basis and end up spending a major portion of the day going through Emails in their Inbox.
One good way of staying on top of your Emails is to separate important emails from regular ones by creating specific Folders for important Emails.
The next step is to setup Filters/Rules to get Emails matching specific Criteria to be delivered directly into Specific Folders.
For example, you can create a Folder Named as “Receipts” in your Gmail Account and then Create Filters to get all your Skype and other bills directly sent to the Receipts Folder in your Gmail Account.
Similarly, you can Create more Folders and Filters to prevent important emails from getting mixed up with tons of other unimportant or regular Emails in the Inbox.
Create New Folders in Gmail
As mentioned above, the first step in getting Emails delivered directly to specific Folders in Gmail is to Create New Folders or Labels in your Gmail Account to house emails matching a particular criterion.
In this case we will be creating a Folder Named as “Receipts” to send all Emails from Skype directly into this Folder.
1. First, login to your Gmail Account by entering your Gmail ID and Password.
2. Once you are logged into Gmail, click on the More link located in the left side-bar menu (See image below)
3. In the expanded side-menu, click on Create New Label option
4. On the next screen, enter the Name for the New Label (Folder) and click on the Create button.
5. Similarly, you can create other Folders to directly receive specific type or category of emails.
Create Filters in Gmail
After creating Folders to receive specific type of emails, the next step is to Create Filters designed to direct specific type of emails into specific folders. In this case we will be creating a Filter to direct all Emails from Skype into the Receipts Folder.
1. Click on the Gmail Settings icon located at the top right corner of your screen and then click on Settings option in the drop-down menu (See image below)
2. On the Settings screen, click on Filters and Blocked Addresses link (See image below).
3. On the next screen, click on Create a New Filter option (See image below)
4. On the New Filter screen, type the name of the Sender in the “From” field and type your Gmail Address in the “To” Field. After this, click on Create Filter with this Search link located at the bottom right corner (See image below)
5. On the next screen, select Skip Inbox, Apply the Label and then click on Choose Label. From the drop-down, select the Folder that you want to use for Emails matching this Filter. In this case we will be selecting the Receipts Folder to place all Emails from Skype.
6. After choosing the Label or Folder, select “Also apply Filters to Matching Messages” option and then click on Create Filter button (See image above).
Once this Filter is created, all Emails matching the Criteria (i.e Emails from Skype to your Gmail Address) will be delivered directly into the Receipts Folder that you had created to place all the Emails from Skype.
Similarly, you can Create more Filters to direct emails containing receipts to be delivered directly to the Receipts Folder in your Gmail Account.