The huge popularity of YouTube has created many YouTube channels and celebrities that are being followed by millions of users. In this post you will learn about how to enable YouTube notifications for individual channels on iPhone or iPad, so that you do not miss any new videos uploaded by your favorite YouTube channels.
Why Enable Notifications for Individual YouTube Channels
In general, YouTube notifies you about some new and recommended videos when you enable YouTube notifications on your iPhone/iPad using the Settings app, YouTube app or from your YouTube account.
However, enabling notifications this way gets you notified about all kinds of new and recommended videos based on your general preferences or activity on YouTube. This method does not guarantee that you will be getting all the notifications from any of your favorite YouTube channels or users that you want to follow.
Hence, enabling notifications for individual YouTube channels, celebrities or users will allow you to become instantly aware of any new videos uploaded by these YouTube users.
Turn on New Video Notifications For Individual Channels
Now that you know the advantages of turning on notifications per individual YouTube channels as compared to receiving notifications for a broad range of Videos. You can follow the steps below to start receiving notifications from any of your favourite YouTube channel or celebrity that you want to follow.
First you need to make sure that your iPhone or iPad is set to receive notifications from YouTube. You can skip the first 3 steps in case your device is already set to receive notifications from YouTube.
1. Tap on Settings
2. Tap on Notifications
3. Next tap on YouTube and Toggle On Notifications
4. Open up the YouTube app
5. Login to your YouTube account by tapping on the Account tab and then tap on the Sign In button
6. Search for the channel, celebrity or YouTube user that you want to receive notifications from
7. Make sure that you are on the Home page of this particular channel
8. Next, tap on the Bell Icon (See image below) – This will get you notified in case any new videos are uploaded by this particular channel.
How to Turn off Notifications For Individual YouTube Channels
Since YouTube is so popular, you may eventually run into a situation where you will find that you have turned on notifications for tons of individual YouTube channels. In such situations you may want to restore sanity on your device by turning off notifications for some individual channels.
Other reasons for turning off notifications for certain individual channels might be that your viewing taste has changed or the channels in question are no longer uploading interesting videos.
Turning off or disabling notifications for individual YouTube channels is easy
1. Launch YouTube on your iPhone
2. Tap on the Accounts Tab
3. Tap on Notifications
4. You will be able to see the latest notifications from YouTube channels
5. See if there is any notification from the YouTube channel that you want to stop.
6. Now, tap on the Three Dot icon that you will see next to the notification from this particular channel. (See image in Step 7 below)
7. Next, tap on Turn off Updates for (Channel Name) to no longer see notifications from this particular channel
Alternatively you can visit the home page of the YouTube channel that you want to turn off notifications from by following the steps below.
- Search for the YouTube Channel and visit the Channel’s homepage
- Tap on the Bell icon
- From the popup tap on OK to stop receiving notifications from the YouTube channel.