As you must have already discovered, there is no clear option in Google Play Store to remove your credit card details. Hence, we are providing below the steps to remove Credit Card from Google Play Store.
Remove Credit Card From Google Play Store
Once you provide a payment method to buy Apps, Games, Books or Movies in Google Play Store, your Credit Card information gets attached to your Google Play Account.
As you can imagine, this feature is designed to make it easy for users to make subsequent purchases on Google Play, without having to re-enter Credit Card information all over again.
However, you can safely Remove Credit Card from Google Play Store at any time, in case you want to do so for any reason.
Steps to Remove Credit Card From Google Play Store
Follow the steps below to Remove Credit Card from Google Play Store
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android Phone or Tablet.
2. In Google Play Store, tap on the Settings icon located at the top left corner of your screen (See image below)
3. From the menu that appears, tap on the Account option (See image below).
4. On the Account settings screen, tap on Payment Methods.
5. On the Payment Methods screen, scroll down and tap on More Payment Settings (See image below)
6. Once you tap on More Payment Settings, you will be redirected to Google Payment Centre via the Chrome Browser.
7. On Google Payment Centre screen, you may be prompted to sign-in to your Account. Sign-in to Google Payment Centre by entering your Email Address and Password related to the Google Play Store Account.
8. After signing into Google Payment Centre, tap on the 3-line Settings icon located at the top left corner of your screen (See image below)
9. From the little menu that appears, tap on Payment Methods option (See image below).
10. On the next screen, you will be able to view All your Credit Cards and other Payment Methodsm(if any) attached to your Account. Select the Credit Card that you want to remove from Google Play and then tap on the Remove option.
11. On the next pop-up, tap on the Remove Button to Remove the Selected Credit Card from Google Play.