Gmail comes with the built in functionality to scan through your list of Contacts and remove duplicates for you. In this article we will be showing you how to remove duplicate Contacts in Gmail using this feature.
Remove All Duplicate Contacts in Gmail
Gmail provides you with the option to either remove all duplicate Contacts at once, or sort through your list of duplicate Contacts and remove the ones you want.
The process to remove all duplicate contacts at once is listed below. In case you want to delete duplicate contacts one by one skip to the next section.
1. Visit contacts.google.com and sign in using your Gmail ID and password
2. From the menu on the left side of your screen, tap on Find Duplicates option.
3. On the next screen you will see a list of all your duplicate Contacts
4. Tap on the blue Merge All button
Once Google has finished merging the duplicate contacts, you will see a notification informing you that your contacts have been merged.
Remove Duplicate Contacts in Gmail – One by One
Instead of getting rid of all duplicate Contacts at once, you may want to manually sort through your list of duplicate Contacts and remove the ones you want.
Follow the steps below to manually sort through the list of duplicate Contacts in your Gmail Account and remove duplicate Contacts one by one.
1. Visit contacts.google.com and sign in to your Gmail account
2. Tap on the Find Duplicates option, from the left side of your screen
3. On the next screen, you will see all your duplicate Contacts
4. Sort through the Contacts and to merge the duplicate contacts tap on the white Merge button (See image below)
5. In case you want to keep the duplicate Contact tap on the Dismiss link (See image above)
We hope you enjoyed this article and have successfully removed duplicate contacts in your Gmail Account.