Google Chromecast is an inexpensive device that allows you to Cast YouTube Videos, Movies and more from any mobile device or Computer onto the larger screen of your Home Television. In this article, we will be showing you the steps to setup Chromecast on your Mac.
What is required to Use Chromecast On Mac
Chromecast is an easy device to setup and use on any device, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android Phones and Tablets. In order to Setup Chromecast on Mac, you will be requiring the following items.
1. Google Chromecast Device
2. MacBook, iMac or Mac Mini
3. Google Chrome Browser
Once you are ready with all these items, follow the steps as provided below to first plug the Chromecast device to your Home Television and then setup Chromecast on your Mac.
Setup Chromecast on Mac
Follow the steps below to setup Google Chromecast on your Mac
1. Plug in the HDMI end of Google Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your Home TV and plug the USB end to USB power adapter (see image below)
2. Next, use the Remote Control of your Television to change the Source input of your TV to the right HDMI port into which the Chromecast device is plugged into (See image below)
On most Remote Controls you will be required to press “Input” or “Source” button and continue pressing the “Input” or “Source” button until the television display changes from “HDMI 1” to “HDMI 2.”
Now you are done with Setting up the Chromecast device on your Television. The next step is to setup Chromecast on your Mac by following the next steps as provide below.
3. Next, visit google.com/chrome to download and Install the Google Chrome browser on your Mac, in case you are not already using Chrome browser.
4. Open the Chrome browser on your Mac and visit chromecast.com/setup
5. On the Chrome Setup screen, click on Set Up Your Chromecast using this Computer link (See image below).
6. On the next screen, you will be asked to Agree to Chromecast Privacy Terms by clicking on the Accept button.
7. Once you accept the terms, the webpage will start searching for available Chromecast devices connected to your WiFi Network (See image below).
Note: If your Mac cannot Find the Chromecast, switch the WiFi Network on your Mac from 2.4 to 5 GHz or vice versa.
8. On the next screen, click on Set Me Up button.
9. Next, click on the WiFi icon located at the top right corner of your Mac and connect to Chromecast’s open WiFi Network (See image below).
10. After connecting to Chromecast’s open WiFi Network, click on the Next button (See image below)
11. On the next screen, click on the Yes Arrow, in case the Code appearing on the screen of your Mac is matching with the Code appearing on the bottom right corner of your TV (See image below).
12. On the next screen you will be asked to provide a Name for your Chromecast. Type any Name that you would like to use and click on Looks good (See image below)
13. Next, you will be asked to confirm your WiFi Settings. Select your WiFi Network, Enter the Password for your WiFi network and click on Connect.
14. Chromecast will display, Ready to Cast! screen.
Once you see the Ready to Cast screen, you are setup and ready to Cast anything playing on the screen of your Mac onto the big screen of your Home Television.