In case your Windows 10 Computer is running slow, it is likely that it has too many Apps running in the background on your Computer. Luckily, it is really easy to Stop Apps from Running in Background on your Windows 10 Computer.
Apps Running in Background in Windows 10
Left to its default settings, your Windows 10 PC may end up keeping way too many Apps active and running in the background. This default behaviour in Windows 10 is designed to keep your Computer ready to use Windows Native Apps and services like Skype, Maps, Calendar, Email and others.
In addition to the Native Windows Apps and Services, other Apps that you download to your PC may also have the same default behaviour of keeping themselves running and active in the background on your PC.
Unfortunately, most older, budget and mid-level PC’s do not have the resources to keep all the data hungry Apps active and running in the background. Also, you may not even be using the Apps that are keeping themselves active in the background on your Computer.
Hence, it makes sense to stop many of these unnecessary Apps from running in the background and using up resources on your Computer.
Stop Apps From Running in Background in Windows 10
1. First click on the Windows 10 Start button and then click on the Settings Menu Icon.
2. On the Settings screen, click on the Privacy option.
3. On the Privacy screen, click on the Background Apps option in the left side-bar menu (See image below).
4. Once you click on Background Apps, you will see all the Apps that are running in the background on your Computer (See image below).
5. You can stop any App from running in the background on your Computer by moving the toggle next to the App to OFF position (See image above).
Which Background Running App to Stop
When you reach the screen that shows the Background Running Apps on, take a good look at the list of Apps and identify all those Apps that you do not use at all.
You should simply disable those Apps from running in the background that are not at all relevant to the purpose for which you use your Computer. For example, you can disable the Maps App, Money App, News App and any other App that you currently do not use and have no intention of using.
In general, feel free to Stop any Background Running App that you believe is not useful for you. In case something goes wrong, you can always come back to the Background Running Apps screen and Turn ON the necessary Apps once again.