As you must have noticed, YouTube automatically starts playing the next Video, as if it knows what exactly you want to watch. This feature of YouTube known as Autoplay is optional and can be Turned OFF at any time, to stop YouTube from sucking you into watching an endless stream of Videos.
As soon as you finish watching a Video on YouTube, you will find it ready to play the next Video. This Autoplay feature of YouTube is designed to help you find your favourite Videos based on your viewing history.
The Videos that YouTube brings up in Autoplay mode are so closely related to the interest of the users that most people find it difficult to escape the YouTube Autoplay loop, spending hours watching an endless stream of YouTube videos.
Another drawback of allowing YouTube to suggest Videos via its Autoplay feature is that you may miss out on other interesting Videos. Since most of your time on YouTube is spent on watching Videos as suggested by YouTube, you may never find the time to explore other content on YouTube.
Luckily, the AutoPlay feature of YouTube can be easily disabled and also enabled back with the same ease.
Turn OFF YouTube AutoPlay On iPhone and iPad
Follow the steps below to stop Turn OFF YouTube Autoplay feature on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the YouTube App on your iPhone and start playing any YouTube Video.
2. Next, scroll down to the “Up Next” section of YouTube and Turn OFF Autoplay by moving the slider next to “Autoplay” to OFF position (See image below)
Turn OFF Autoplay on Android Phone or Tablet
Similar to iPhone you can also Turn OFF the YouTube Autoplay feature on your Android Phone or Tablet by scrolling down to “Up Next” section and Moving the Slider next to Autoplay to OFF position (See image below)
Turn Off YouTube AutoPlay On Android Phone Using Settings Menu
Another way to turn OFF YouTube Autoplay on your Android Phone or Tablet is to disable YouTube AutoPlay feature in the Settings Menu.
1. Open YouTube App on your Android Phone or Tablet.
2. Once you are on YouTube, tap on the 3-dots menu icon located at the top right corner of your screen (See image below)
3. From the drop-down menu, tap on Settings.
4. On the YouTube Settings screen, tap on General.
5. On the General screen, turn OFF YouTube AutoPlay by moving the slider next to Autoplay option to OFF Position (See image below)
Once you Turn OFF the Autoplay feature on your iPhone or Android Phone, YouTube will stop its default habit of Automatically playing the next related Video, as soon as you finish watching a Video on YouTube.
As you must have already figured out, the AutoPlay feature on YouTube can be easily enabled back by toggling the option for Autoplay to ON position.