Are you looking for your WiFi Password, wondering where you had written it down or trying to figure it out from the faded sticker at the back of your WiFi Router? In this post, you will be learning the steps to view the WiFi Network Password right on your Windows 10 computer.
WiFi Network Password
Most people use the same WiFi Password that was provided to them by their Internet Service Provider. The WiFi Network Password that ISP provides is usually a complex combination of letters and numbers that is difficult to remember, unless you have a talent for remembering such stuff.
In general, most users either write down the WiFi Password somewhere or rely on the sticker attached at the back of the WiFi Router, where the Internet Service Providers generally print or write the WiFi Password.
However, when the time comes to know the WiFi Network Password, most users are unable to locate the WiFi Password. The written record of the WiFi Password is either lost or misplaced and the sticker at the back of the WiFi Router has become faded, making it impossible to read the WiFi Password that used to be written over there.
Luckily, Windows Computer is designed to save the Passwords for WiFi networks that it connects to. This is what makes it so easy for your computer to connect to the home WiFi Network without the need to enter a Password.
Now that you are looking for it, you can view the WiFi Password right on your Windows 10 computer by using the steps below.
View WiFi Password in Windows 10
Follow the steps below to view the Password for your WiFi Network, right on your Windows 10 computer.
1. Right Click on the WiFi icon located at the taskbar (bottom right corner of your screen).
2. Next, click on Open Network and Sharing Center option that appears when you right click on the WiFi icon (See image above).
3. On Network and Sharing Center screen, click on the WiFi network that you are connected to. It will appear as a link next to connections.
4. Next, you will be on the network status window, on this Window click on Wireless Properties button (See image below).
5. On the Wireless Network properties window, click on the Security tab.
6. As you can see in image above, the Password for WiFi Network is hidden in the box next to Network Security Key. Just click on the little box next to Show Characters to see the password for the WiFi Network that your computer is connected to.
You will immediately see the Password for the WiFi Network in the box next to Network Security Key (See image above).