iPhone 7 comes with a redesigned pressure sensitive Home Button which feels a lot different compared to the clickable Home button in previous versions of iPhone. However, you can easily change the Click Intensity and the Speed of the iPhone 7 Home button, in order to make it feel more like clicking your old iPhone Home button.
Change iPhone 7 Home button Click Intensity and Speed
One of the biggest changes in iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus phones is the new pressure sensitive Home button, which has replaced the good old clickable Home button.
Unlike the Old Home button, the new Home button on iPhone 7 is actually a non clickable button. However, it tries to provide the User with a feeling that is similar to clicking a button by sending a vibration, whenever the Home Button is pressed by the User.
Unknown to many users, the New Home Button has settings for Low, Medium and High click intensities and it is also possible to change the speed of the new Home button.
You can make use of the following steps to Change the Click intensity of iPhone 7 Home Button and also Change the Speed of Home Button to see if you can make the New iPhone Home button feel more or less similar to clicking the old iPhone Home Button.
Change iPhone 7 Home Button Click Intensity
1. Open up Settings on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus and tap on General.
2. On the General screen, tap on Home button.
3. On the next screen, tap on 1 and press the Home button to see what the Low Home button intensity feels like (See image below).
4. Next, you can tap on 2 or 3 and then press the Home button to see what these two settings feel like.
5. Once you are satisfied with your choice of Click Intensity (1, 2 or 3), tap on Done from the top right corner of your screen (See image in Step #3 above)
Change iPhone 7 Home Button Speed
Now, you can follow the steps below to change the speed of iPhone 7 Home button to a level that suits you better.
1. From the Home Screen of your iPhone, tap on Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, tap on General.
3. On the next screen, tap on Accessibility.
4. On the Accessibility screen, tap on Home button (See image below).
5. On the next screen, you will see three options for click speed (Default, Slow or Slowest). Simply, tap on the option that you would like to try.