Are you bored looking at the same Login Screen Wallpaper on your computer? If this is the case, then you can follow the steps as provided below to Change Login Screen Background in Windows 10.
Change Login Screen Background in Windows 10
Follow the steps below to change Login Screen Background in Windows 10 with any picture of your choice, to a Spotlight image and even to a Slideshow.
1. Click on the Windows 10 Start button from the bottom left corner of your screen and then click on Settings from the ensuing menu
2. On the Settings screen, click on Personalization option (See image below)
3. On the next screen click on the Lock screen (1) option in the side menu and then expand the option for Background by clicking on the down arrow (2) and then click on Windows spotlight, Picture or Slideshow options from the drop-down menu (See image below)
Here is a brief description of the types of Lock screen background options that you can choose from.
- Windows Spotlight: Automatically selects and shows pictures from Bing on the Lock Screen.
- Picture: Allows you to set any photo as Lock Screen background image.
- Slideshow: Allows you to show multiple pictures from a slideshow album.
4. In case you select Picture from the dropdown menu, you can either select a picture from the Stock Windows wallpapers as available or click on the Browse button and then select any other picture on your computer as the login screen wallpaper (See image below)
5. If you chose Spotlight from the drop-down menu, Windows will automatically select and show photos from Bing.
6. In case you select the Slideshow option, then you can either click on Add a Folder option and designate a folder containing photos to be used for the slideshow you wish to set as your login screen wallpaper.
7. Clicking on Advanced Slideshow Settings allows you to include Camera Roll Pictures and images from OneDrive for the slideshow on the Login Screen on your computer (See image below)
8. Finally, the most important step is to enable the option from Show Lock Screen Background Picture on the Sign-in screen by moving the toggle to ON position (See image below)
This option needs to be enabled because Windows 10 has two login screens, the first Login screen is where you are entering the password to your account and the other Login Screen is where you see a list of all your accounts.
Turning on the above option will cause your chosen wallpaper to appear on both the Login screens.
Note: If you do not want your wallpaper to appear on both login screens, then simply turn the option OFF.
Slideshow Option Not Working?
During our tests, we found that the slideshow option was not working properly. If you encounter the same error, simply restart your computer and the problem will be fixed.