In you have switched to a New iPhone and also changed your registered Phone Number, you will find below the steps to Change WhatsApp Phone Number on iPhone.
Change WhatsApp Phone Number On iPhone
As you must be aware WhatsApp identifies Accounts by registered Phone Numbers and not by email or other methods.
This means you will be required to change the Phone Number in your WhatsApp Account, in case the Phone Number associated with your WhatsApp Account has changed and no longer belongs to you.
Before going ahead with the steps to Change WhatsApp Phone Number, make sure that you are able to receive Calls and SMS messages on your New Phone Number.
This is required because you will be required to verify your New Phone Number, either by receiving a SMS Text Message or an Automated Call from WhatsApp to your New Phone Number.
Steps to Change WhatsApp Phone Number on iPhone
If your New Phone Number is working, you can follow the steps below to Change your Phone Number.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and tap on the Settings tab in bottom menu.
2. From the Settings screen, go to Account > tap on Change Number.
3. On Change Number screen, tap on Next from the top right-corner of your screen.
4. On the next screen, enter your Old Phone Number, New Phone Number and tap on Next.
5. WhatsApp will now send a verification code to your New Phone Number. Enter the Verification Code and verify your Phone Number.
Note: You can also tap on Call Me option to receive the verification code via an automated call from WhatsApp to your New Phone Number.
Once, the verification process is completed, your New Phone Number will be registered as your WhatsApp Phone Number.
What Happens When you Change WhatsApp Phone Number
Once your New Phone Number is verified by WhatsApp, all the information from your old account will be migrated to the New Phone Number.
- Your WhatsApp Account associated with the Old Phone Number will be deleted.
- Your WhatsApp Contacts will no longer be able see your Old Phone Number in their lists of WhatsApp Contacts.
- All your WhatsApp Data including your Profile, Groups, Chat history and your Account Payment Status will be migrated to your revised WhatsApp Account.