You can either Close All Safari Tabs on iPhone or iPad manually or set your device to automatically close all Safari tabs after a set period of time.
Close All Safari Tabs on iPhone
In this age of multi-tasking, it is quite common for users to instinctively open their favorite websites in multiple tabs on iPhone Safari browser.
This multi-tasking habit, invariably leads to slowing down of the browser due a significant number of Safari tabs being left open on iPhone.
Hence, it is good to get into the habit of manually closing all Safari tabs on iPhone after browsing or simply set your device to close All Safari Tabs after a set period of time.
1. Automatically Close All Safari Tabs on iPhone
Follow the steps below to automatically close all Safari Tabs on iPhone or iPad after a set period of time.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Safari.
3. On Safari Settings screen, scroll down to “TABS” section and tap on Close Tabs option.
4. On the next screen, select the amount of time after which Safari tabs should automatically close on your iPhone.
By default, iPhone is set to close Safari tabs manually, but you can set your device to Close All Safari tabs After One Day or After One Week.
The period to Automatically Close Safari Tabs on iPhone should be based on your browsing habits.
If you are likely to go back to open Safari tabs the next day or so, you can choose the weekly option. If not, you can choose to automatically close Safari Tabs on iPhone on a daily basis.
2. Manually Close All Safari Tabs on iPhone
Follow the steps below to manually close all Safari Tabs on iPhone.
1. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone.
2. Long press on the Tabs Icons located at the bottom right-corner of your screen.
3. On the slide up menu that appears, tap on Close All Tabs option.
Users who basically stick to a very limited number of their favourite websites might find the manually close tabs option more useful.