It is really tempting to upload pictures of your favourite actors, sports personalities and other celebrities to your computer and set them as your desktop background images. However, do you know how to delete desktop background wallpapers from your computer, in case you want to?
Why Delete Desktop Background Wallpapers
You may want to delete desktop background wallpapers and images from your computer due to following reasons
1. There are lots of wallpapers that come with the system by default. You may not like so many of them on your computer.
2. You may have downloaded an insane number of wallpapers to serve as your desktop background images, and you want to get rid of them now.
3. You may have uploaded a Wallpaper in the past that you do not like now or you do not want anyone to see.
Whatever may be the reason it is possible to completely delete and remove desktop wall papers from your computer.
Steps to Delete Desktop Background Wallpapers
In case you have noticed, right click does work when you try to delete system desktop wallpapers that exist on your computer by default. Also, you will not be able to delete Desktop wallpapers that you may have uploaded to your computer.
In Windows 10 (Also in Windows 7/8) the wallpapers are all stored in just one location and it is easy to find and delete them.
1. Type in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper in the search bar located next to Windows 10 Start button at the bottom left corner of your computer screen (See image below)
2. Windows will show you with the best match for the search query
3. Click on the suggested C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper Folder (See image above)
In the ‘Wallpaper’ folder you will see all the default wallpapers installed on the system. In Windows 10, you should see the wallpapers organized and categorized in folders (See image below).
In your case, you may also come across images that are not organized into folders. These may have come from previous versions of the Windows OS, or you may have uploaded them yourself.
4. To delete an image/folder, Right click on the image or folder that you want to delete and choose delete.
You will be asked to enter your admin password to enable deletion of the wallpaper. Provide the password and delete the selected wallpaper or folder that you want to delete.
Delete Uploaded Desktop Background Wallpapers
Images that you had upload as wallpapers should generally be located in whatever original locations the images were located to begin with.
You may have downloaded these wallpapers to your Desktop or into other common download locations like Pictures, Downloads, Library and others.
Just find the location of those wallpapers and you can get rid of them by simply deleting them.
You can also move the images/wallpapers to another folder on your computer. This will prevent these images from becoming your desktop background, and the images will still remain saved on your computer.