Included in the most recent update for Twitter Mobile app for iOS is an interesting feature called ‘Show me the best Tweets first’. By enabling this feature you will be able to see the best Tweets first on your timeline, instead of seeing the latest Tweets first.
Show Me The Best Tweets First
According to Twitter, the best tweets that it shows first on your timeline will be based on Twitter’s own interpretation of what you are most likely to be interested in.
The Twitter algorithm takes into account the topics that you are interested in, things that you care about, Tweets that you interact with and activities of people who are similar to you.
This means that you are more likely to see sports related tweets first on your timeline, in case Twitter determines that you are more interested in sports as compared to other topics.
Twitter claims to have received positive feedback from users and wants you to try this new feature and see whether or not you like it. Luckily, this feature can be easily disabled in case you do not like it.
When you open Twitter after being away for a while, the Tweets you’re most likely to care about will appear at the top of your timeline – still recent and in reverse chronological order. The rest of the Tweets will be displayed right underneath, also in reverse chronological order, as always. At any point, just pull-to-refresh to see all new Tweets at the top in the live, up-to-the-second experience you already know and love. – Twitter Blog
Enable or Disable ‘Show me the best tweets first’ on iPhone
Follow the steps below to enable or disable ‘Show me the best tweets first’ on your iPhone
1. Tap on the Twitter app on your iPhone or iPad
2. Login to your Twitter Account in case you are not already logged in
3. Tap on the “Me” tab, located at the bottom right corner of your screen (See image below)
4. Next tap on the Gear Shaped “Settings icon” (See image below)
5. Tap on Settings from the pop up menu
6. Under heading account, tap on your Twitter account (See image below)
7. Next Tap on “Timeline personalization” (See image below)
8. Tap on The Slider beside “Show me the best Tweets first” to set it ON (See image below)
9. Disable ‘Show me the best Tweets First’: In case Twitter Pushes this feature as default, you can easily disable this by moving the Slider to OFF Position (See image above)
Enable or Disable ‘Show me the best tweets first’ on Android
1. Open up the Twitter app
2. Tap on the 3 dot icon at the top right corner of your screen
3. From the dropdown tap on Settings.
4. Next tap on Timeline.
5. Check the option ‘Show me the best Tweets first‘ to enable the feature.
6. Disable ‘Show me the best Tweets First’: In case Twitter Pushes this feature as default at any time, you can easily disable this by feature by un-checking the option (See image above)
Enable or Disable ‘Show me the best tweets first’ on Web
1. Log in to your account on Twitter.com
2. Tap on your Profile Image
3. From the Dropdown tap on Settings (See image below)
4. Under Content look for Timeline and toggle on “Show me the best Tweets first” option
Once you enable this feature on Your Device (Twitter Mobile app) and on the Web you will have Twitter serving you the best tweets first, instead of the newest tweets first.
The tweets you’re most likely to care about will appear at the top of your timeline. The rest of your tweets will be displayed below these recommended tweets.
Disable ‘Show me the best Tweets First’ on Web: You can disable this feature at any time on your desktop or laptop by un-checking the option (See image above)