If you have misplaced or lost your smartphone, there is always the possibility of your personal information and photos being accessed and misused by others. You can find below the steps to Track and Find Your Lost Android Phone.
Find Lost Android Phone or Tablet
The simplest way to track a misplaced or lost Android Phone is to make a call to your own phone number, using your Landline Home Phone or another smartphone.
Chances are that you may have misplaced your phone somewhere in your house or at a friend’s house. If the Phone is hiding somewhere nearby, you should be able to hear it ringing or vibrating.
If this did not help, you should be able to Locate your Lost Android Phone using any of the following methods.
1. Use Android Device Manager
Google’s Android Device Manager allows you to ring, locate and wipe the memory of your lost Android Phone.
- Visit this link: Android Device Manger.
- Sign into the Google account that you use on your device.
- Wait for Google to Locate your Device.
- First Ring Your Device, it could be at a friend’s house or in your own house.
- Reset Your Password or create one if you didn’t have one.
- Lastly wipe the memory on your device if you have really important information on it, to prevent its misuse.
2. Use Plan B App
If Android Device Manager does not work on your device, you can use another app called Plan B to locate your lost Android Phone.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Log into the Google account associated with your missing device.
- Search for ‘Plan B’ and install it to your missing device.
- If your lost phone has network connectivity, a locate result will be emailed directly to your Google account.
3. Use a Safety App to Find Your Lost Android Phone
This method works in case you had already installed any safety app on your phone. Apps like Where’s my Droid, Android Lost, or Find my Phone are really helpful in tracking a lost Android Phone.
Follow the steps below in case you had installed any safety apps on your lost Android Phone.
- Visit the website of the safety app from your computer.
- Sign in to your Account.
- After signing in you will have the options to Ring your phone, Wipe the memory and Locate your Phone.
- First you can try ‘Ring Your Phone, chances are it is hidden somewhere in your house.
- Use the option ‘Wipe Memory’ in case your phone is not in your home and you want to ensure that any sensitive data on your phone is not misused.
- The Option ‘Locate Your Device’ will help you locate the last location from where your phone was connected to the cellular network.
- After locating your device don’t go out by yourself to the location, instead call the police and tell them about the location of your missing phone.
4. Inform Your Service Provider
If above methods did not help, inform your Mobile Service Provider that your Phone has been lost or stolen.
This will allow the service provider to disable mobile service on your device, which ensures that your phone number is not misused and you are not charged for calls that you did not make.
5. File a Report to Police
If you have wiped all your data but still cannot find your device, then file a report to the police.
Police report must also be filed in case you have located your device at a location that is unknown to you. Do not take the risk of going to an unknown location all by yourself or with your friends.
Filing a report also ensures that you are not held responsible in case your phone is misused in some way.