Fitbit Flex is one of the bestselling wearable devices and for a good reason – it is an excellent activity tracker for beginners, and it sells at a very reasonable price. Let’s take a closer look at the features that Fitbit Flex offers.
What is Fitbit Flex?
The Fitbit Flex is a slim band that goes around your wrists and enables you to track your daily steps, calories burned, and active minutes.
The tracker is completely waterproof, meaning that you can wear it all day, even in the shower or while washing dishes without damaging the tracker.
The LED display allows you to check your progress on your chosen daily goal. The tracker syncs with compatible mobile devices and to your computer.
The Fitbit app, accessible from your phone and computer, allows you to access all your stats and set goals for yourself. The website provides user-friendly charts and graphs for your activity.
The Fitbit Flex comes with the following features:
- Track your daily steps, calories burnt, and active minutes
- Monitors your sleep patterns
- Comes with a silent alarm to wake you without disturbing others
- Completely waterproof (can be submerged up to 10 meters)
- Sold in size small or large.
- Compatible with fitness apps like Sparkspeople, MapMyFitness, etc.
- Allows you to log food consumption via the Fitbit app
- Allows you to track your weight and weight changes
- Links you to a community of friends and family through the Fitbit app
- Long lasting battery – 5 to 10 days depending on usage
The Fitbit Flex is slimmer than an average wristwatch, making it barely noticeable on your wrist. It has a sleek minimalist design, with a small LED display that tells you how far along you are on your daily goal.
The tracker itself can be popped in and out of different-colored bands (which are sold separately) meaning that you can change the color of your band according to your outfit if you wish.
Compatible Mobile Devices
Flex syncs automatically and wirelessly to most Android, iOS and Windows smartphones and tablets using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology.
Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port.
Charging the Fitbit Flex is a simple matter. Simply remove the tracker from the band and place it inside the charger. Once all five lights are solid, the tracker is fully charged.
The Flex has a long battery life of 5 days and charges fully in about 2 hours.
Fitbit Flex Advantages
There are many advantages to using the Fitbit Flex:
- Worn on the wrist rather than on the waist like a pedometer, so that it is no longer easy to lose or forget
- Water-resistant and splash proof, so you can wear it around the clock
- Has a free integrated app that offers you a wide variety of statistics
- Website experience is top-notch, with colorful, informative charts and graphs
- Slim and easy to wear
- Good battery life (5 days)
Fitbit Flex Disadvantages
Keep in mind the following disadvantages of Fitbit Flex:
- Device itself does not display much information; stats must be accessed through a phone or computer
- No altimeter, so you cannot measure how many steps you’ve climbed
The Fitbit Flex comes with all the features of a pedometer, but with the added benefit of being a wristband. Its slim, simple design allows it to be worn without standing out or clashing with any outfit, and if you wish to change the bands, you can buy them separately in several colors.
For its price and capabilities, the Fitbit Flex is a tracker that will add much to your lifestyle.