You can first download APK files from Google Play to your computer and later on Install APK Files from PC to Android devices like phone or a tablet.
This method is normally used in cases where you are unable to download apps to your Android phone due to memory restrictions or other possible reasons.
- Access apps that have leaked ahead of their official release.
- Bypass carrier restrictions
- In cases where Android device lacks access to Google Play Store
In this post you will be learning How to Install APK Files from PC to your Android phone or a tablet, so that you can start using the app on your mobile device.
Install APK Files From PC to Android Phone or Tablet
You must be familiar with the .exe file format used by Windows PC for installing software programs. Android devices use the APK file format for installing games and other applications (apps) on the Android operating system.
Follow these steps to Install APK Files from PC to your Android Device.
1. As a first step you need to ‘Unknown sources’ in your phone’s security settings by going to Settings followed by Security > Unknown sources.
2. Next Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. Wait for the phone to show up on the screen of your computer (it may do so after install drivers).
3. Create an empty folder on your phone; You can call it APK Downloads or anything that makes sense to you.
3. Copy the APK file that you had downloaded to your PC from Google Play to your Android phone.
4. Go to the folder on your phone where you had copied the APK file from your computer.
5. Tap on the APK file. It will request your permissions and the App will be installed on your device.
6. Next go back to Settings tab on your phone and disable ”Unknown Sources”. This way you will be protected from downloading any app on your phone from unknown sources.
A Word of Caution
While you can download APK files from many sources it is best to install them from Google Play and websites that are known to you and are trustworthy.
Installing APK files from less reputable sources might compromise the security of your phone and expose you to unknown risks.
Make sure that you read user reviews and comments before downloading or installing any APK files.