As you must have noticed, Google Chrome opens PDF Files in its own browser window. You will find below the steps to open PDF Files in Adobe Reader in Google Chrome.
Open PDF Files in Adobe Reader in Google Chrome
Users who are used to opening PDF files in Adobe Reader do not like the idea of PDF files opening in a browser window.
Hence, we are providing below the steps to make Chrome browser open PDF Files using Adobe Reader.
1. Steps to Make Chrome Open Files PDF in Adobe Reader
Follow the steps below to make Chrome browser open PDF Files in Adobe Reader.
1. Make sure that Adobe Reader is installed on your computer.
2. Open Chrome browser on your computer > click on the 3-dots Menu icon and click on Settings in the drop-down menu.
3. On Chrome settings screen, scroll down to the bottom and click on Advanced.
4. Next, click on Site Settings option located under “Privacy and Security” section.
5. On the next screen, scroll down and click on PDF documents.
6. On the next screen, toggle ON the option for Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.
After this whenever you open a PDF file on your computer it will open using PDF Reader and not in Chrome browser.
2. Make Chrome Open PDF in Adobe Reader Using Adobe Reader Settings
If you still find PDF files opening in Chrome or any other application, you may need to follow the steps below to directly change settings in Adobe Reader.
1. Open Adobe Reader program on your computer.
2. Once you are in Adobe, click on the Edit tab in top menu bar and click on Preferences in the drop-down menu.
3. On preferences screen, click on General in the left pane. In the right-pane, scroll down almost to the bottom and click on Select as Default PDF Handler button.
Note: You may be prompted to enter your Admin Password.
4. On the next screen, click on Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to make PDF Files open in Adobe Reader.