While it is convenient and environmentally friendly to maintain digital copies, printing Files and Emails also becomes necessary. In this article, we are showing you the steps to make use of Google’s Cloud Print technology to Print Emails, Documents and Photos using your Android Phone.
Print From Android Phone Using Google Cloud Print
Google’s Cloud Printing Technology allows almost any connected device including Android Phones and Tablets to print to almost any printer that is registered with Google.
Hence, the first requirement to be able to print from an Android Phone or Tablet using Google’s Cloud Printing technology is to go ahead and register your printer with Google.
Although, the process to register a printer with Google is a bit complicated, you will be fine as long as you follow the steps below and allow Google to automatically list printers connected to your network.
Register Your Printer With Google
In order to register your Printer with Google, you will be needing a Google Account (Gmail), Computer and a printer connected to your computer vis USB cable or connected to your Network via WiFi or an Ethernet cable connection to your Modem or Router.
Once you are ready, follow the steps below to register your Printer with Google Cloud Print.
1. Open Google Chrome browser on your Computer
2. Next, click on the 3 dots Menu icon located at the top right corner of your screen and then click on the Settings option in the drop-down menu (See image below)
3. On the Settings screen, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Show Advanced settings…. (See image below)
4. Next, scroll down to Google Cloud Print section on the Chrome Settings page and click on Manage button.
5. On the next screen, click on the Add Printers button
6. You will be taken to the Login Page of your Google Account, in case you are not already logged in. Login to your Google Account using your Gmail User Name and Password.
7. Once you are logged-in to your Account, you will be redirected to Google’s Cloud Print site, where you will see that Google has Automatically detected the Printers connected to your network and listed them for you (See image below)
8. Click on the Add Printers button to add the listed Printers to Google (See image above)
Once you have registered your printer to Google, you are all setup and ready to print anything from your Android Phone or Tablet to any of your Printers registered with Google Cloud Print.
Add Google Cloud Print App to Android Phone
After registering your Printer with Google, the next step is to download and Install the Google Cloud Print App to your Android device.
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android Phone or Table.
2. Next, tap on the Search Field and type “Cloud Print”.
3. On the next screen, tap on Cloud Print by Google Inc.
4. On the next screen, tap on the Install button to download and Install the Google Cloud Print App to Your Android device.
Note: Some Android Phones come with Google Cloud Print already installed.
Steps to Print From Android Phone Using Google Cloud Print
Follow the below steps to print from your Android Phone or Tablet to your Printer that you had registered with Google Cloud Print.
1. First make sure that the Google Account that you are using on your Android Phone is the same Google Account that you had used to register your Printer with Google.
2. Next, open the File that you would like to print from your Android Phone. The File can be any Web Page, Gmail Message, any document or a Photo stored on your Phone.
You can also choose to Print a File located on Google Drive, Dropbox or on any other Cloud Storage Service.
3. Once the File that you want to Print is open, tap on the 3-dots Menu Icon located at the top right corner of your screen. In this case, we are trying to print an article from Techbout to a Cloud Printer (See image below).
4. From the drop-down menu, tap on the Share option.
5. Next, you will see a pop-up, tap on the Print option.
6. On the next page, tap on the Down Arrow button located to the right of Save as PDF.
7. Next, select the Printer that you want to print the File to. In case you cannot find the Printer, tap on All Printers… to get a list of your Printers registered with Google.
8. Once you locate the Printer and you are ready to print, tap on the Print button to send this web page from your Android Phone to your Printer.