In case you find that Contacts are missing on your Android Phone or you accidentally deleted Contacts on your Phone, you can make use of the steps as provided below to Recover Deleted Contacts on your Android Phone.
Recover Deleted Contacts On Android Phone
When you Delete Contacts on your Android Phone, they are promptly removed from your device. However, these deleted Contacts still remain on Google’s servers for a period of 30 days, before being permanently deleted.
Hence, the right place to look for Missing or Deleted Contacts is not your Android Phone, instead you should be heading towards your Windows computer or Mac to look for deleted Contacts on Google’s servers.
All that you need to do is to login to your Gmail Account linked to your Android Phone and make use of the useful feature in Gmail that allows you to restore deleted Contacts.
Make Sure Contacts Are Not Hidden on Your Android Phone
In case you did not Delete any Contacts and still find that Contacts are missing on your Android Phone, there are good chances that the option to display All Contacts is not enabled on your Android Phone.
Follow the steps below to make sure that the option to Display All Contacts is active and enabled on your Android Phone.
1. Open the Contacts App on your Android Phone.
2. Next, tap on the More option located at the top right corner of your screen and then tap on Settings in the drop-down menu.
3. On the Contact Settings screen, tap on Contacts to Display option (See image below).
4. On the next screen, select the option to display All Contacts (See image below).
This will ensure that all the Contacts that you had added to your Android Phone are showing on the Contacts Screen. In case you still cannot find some of the Contacts on your Android Phone, it is likely that they got Deleted and you can try to recover them using the next method.
Recover Deleted Contacts On Android Phone Using Gmail
Unless you had changed the Settings, most Android Phones are set to automatically sync Contacts with the Google Account linked to the Android Phone. This practically means that all the Contacts and Phone Numbers that you add on your Android Phone should be available in your Gmail Account.
Follow the steps below to Recover Deleted Contacts from your Gmail Account.
1. Using your Windows Computer or Mac, login to your Google Account.
2. Once you are logged-in to your Account, click on the Gmail button, located at the top left corner of your screen and then click on Contacts in the drop-down menu (See image below).
3. On the Contacts screen, you will be able see all the Contacts from your Android Phone that Google has attached to your Gmail Account.
4. After confirming that the Deleted Contacts are indeed available on the Contacts screen, click on the More button and then click on Restore Contacts option in the drop-down menu.
5. Next, you will see a pop-up, providing you with different Time periods to Restore your Contacts List. Select a Time from the options provided and then click on the Restore button.
6. After the Deleted Contacts are Restored, you will see a confirmation from Google that all your Contacts have been restored.
Note: Do not close your Gmail Account, as you may need to come back, in case Contacts are not properly synced to your Android Phone in the next step.
After Restoring Deleted Contacts in your Gmail Account, the next step is to Sync these Contacts to your Android Phone by following the steps below.
1. Open the Settings App on your iPhone.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Accounts (or other Accounts) option located under Personal section (See image below).
3. On the Accounts screen, tap on Google.
4. On the next screen, tap on the More option located at the top right corner of your screen.
5. Next, tap on Sync All option that appears when you tap on More.
All your Contacts from Gmail will now appear on your Android Phone. Take a good look at the Contacts List to make sure that deleted Contacts are back on your Android Phone.