In case you accidentally deleted Contacts from your iPhone or lost your iPhone Contacts due to other reasons, you can make use of iTunes and iCloud to recover Deleted Contacts on your iPhone.
Recover Lost or Deleted Contacts On iPhone
It is quite possible for any iPhone user to accidentally Delete a particular Contact or even Delete Multiple Contacts. This usually happens on busy days while you are trying to get many things done, including updating your List of iPhone Contacts.
In addition to accidental deletion, there are other reasons for Lost or Deleted Contacts on iPhone, ranging from a Malfunctioning or Damaged iPhone to iOS and other software updates resulting in loss of Contacts for some strange reason.
You will find below the steps to recover Lost or Deleted Contacts on your iPhone using iTunes and iCloud.
Recover Deleted Contacts On iPhone Using iTunes
In case you have a recent backup of your iPhone available on Mac or PC, you can simply Restore your iPhone using this Backup. This will bring back all the deleted Contacts to your iPhone.
1. Open iTunes App on your Mac or Windows Computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to the Computer using its supplied Lightning to USB connector.
3. Next, click on your iPhone as it appears in iTunes (See image below).
4. Next, click on File > Devices > Restore from Backup… (See image below).
5. Once you click on Restore from Backup you will see a pop-up. Click on the down-arrow and select the most recent Backup of your iPhone and click on the Restore button (See image below).
Your iPhone will be restored using the Backup File located on your computer.
Note: You need to Turn off Find my iPhone in order to restore your iPhone using iTunes.
As you must have figured out this method of Restoring Deleted Contacts on iPhone is useful only if you have a Recent Backup of iPhone available on your computer.
You cannot use this method in case the Backup of your iPhone was made a while ago and the deleted Contacts that you are looking for are not likely to be available in the Backup.
Recover Deleted Contacts On iPhone Using iCloud
In case you do not have a recent backup of your iPhone on computer, you can make use of iCloud to recover deleted Contacts. This method works in case you had enabled iCloud Contacts sync option on your iPhone.
1. On your Mac or PC, go to www.icloud.com.
2. Login to your iCloud Account using your Apple ID and Password.
3. Once you are logged-in to your iCloud Account, click on the Contacts tab (See image below)
4. On the next screen, click on All Contacts option in the side menu and see if the Deleted Contacts are available on iCloud. In case you have too many Contacts, you can Search for the deleted Contacts and see if they come up in search results.
In case the Lost or Deleted Contacts are available on iCloud, you can follow the steps below to recover your lost Contacts.
1. From the Home Screen of your iPhone, tap on Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, tap on your Apple ID (See image below)
3. On the Apple ID screen, scroll down and tap on iCloud.
4. On the next screen, disable the option for Contacts by moving the Toggle for Contacts to OFF position.
5. You will see a pop-up, asking you as to what you would like to do with previously Synced Contacts On iPhone, tap on Keep on My iPhone (See image below).
6. Next, turn ON the option for Contacts on iCloud Screen by moving the toggle to ON position.
7. You will see a Pop-up, asking you as to what you would like to do with existing Local Contacts on iPhone, tap on Merge.
Wait for a few minutes and then take a look at your Contacts, all your deleted Contacts should be back on your iPhone.