It is not uncommon to end up accidentally deleting Notes from iPhone only to realize their importance later on. Luckily, it is easy to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone using steps as provided below.
Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone or iPad
The Notes App on iPhone is a convenient tool for creating checklist, shopping list, list of useful websites and storing other types of information.
The Notes App also provides the option to Lock or Password Protect any Note on your device by using a Password and also by using Touch ID.
While using Password or Touch ID protects Notes from unauthorized access, it does not prevent them from being deleted. Both unprotected and password protected Notes can be deleted, without the need to enter a password.
Luckily, deleted Notes are not immediately removed from iPhone and they can be recovered using steps as provided below.
1. Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone or iPad
Follow the steps below to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the Notes App on your iPhone > tap on the Back Arrow button located at upper-left corner of your screen.
2. On the next screen, tap on Recently Deleted Folder under ‘On My iPhone’ or ‘iCloud’, depending on where the deleted Note is located.
3. On Recently Deleted screen, tap on Edit button located at the top upper-right corner of your screen.
4. On the next screen, check the little circle next to Deleted Note that you want to restore and tap on the Move option located at the bottom left-corner of your screen.
Note: You can also select multiple Notes to Restore by checking the little circle next to the Notes.
5. On the next screen, select the Folder to which you want to move the Deleted Note (Under iCloud or On My iPhone).
Now, open the Folder to which you moved back the Delete Note and you will find the deleted Note back in that Folder.
2. Recover Permanently Deleted Notes on iPhone or iPad
If you did not find the Deleted Note in “Recently Deleted” Folder, it is likely that you had deleted the Note more than 30 days ago and your iPhone has permanently deleted the Note.
The only way to Recover Permanently Deleted Notes on iPhone is to Restore iPhone using a Backup of iPhone that was made prior to deletion on the Notes.
If such a backup is available, you should be able to recover the permanently deleted Note by Restoring iPhone from a Backup.