If you have recently received an iTunes Gift Card, you are probably wondering How to Redeem the Gift Card. In this article, we are showing you how to Redeem an iTunes Gift Card on iPhone, iPad or on your PC.
Redeem iTunes Gift Cards
Receiving an iTunes Gift Card from friends or relatives is an awesome experience, this allows you to download Apps, Music Albums, and Books of your choice.
iTunes Gift Cards can be used on the App Store, iTunes Store and also on the iBook Store as long as you are signed in to these stores with the same Apple ID. iTunes Gift Cards are credited to Apple ID’s and not credited to individual stores, hence the requirement to sign in with your Apple ID.
There are 3 different ways to Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, you can Redeem the Gift Card by taking a picture of the Gift card using your iPhone’s camera, you can manually enter the Gift Card’s code or you can also Redeem the iTunes Gift Card on your computer using iTunes.
Important: Before proceeding with any of the steps below, make sure that you peel of the label on the back of the gift card to reveal the gift card’s code.
Redeem iTunes Gift Card Through Camera on iPhone
Most people prefer to Redeem iTunes Gift Card through the iPhone’s camera, instead of manually entering the code. Just, follow the steps below to redeem an iTunes Gift Card using your iPhone’s camera.
1. Using your iPhone or iPad, open either the App Store or the iTunes Store.
2. Next, tap on Featured from the bottom of the screen, in case you are not already on the Featured screen.
3. On the Featured Screen, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on the Redeem button.
4. Next, you will be prompted to enter the password for your Apple ID. Enter your Apple ID’s password and tap on OK to continue.
5. On the next screen, tap on the Use Camera link (See image below)
6. Now Scan the back of your Gift card using your camera. As soon as iTunes recognizes the code it will validate your Gift Card and you will be able to start making purchases!
7. Tap on Done once iTunes has finished validating your card.
Redeem iTunes Gift Card Manually on iPhone
If for some reason you are unable to redeem your iTunes Gift card through your iPhone’s camera, you can make use of the following steps to manually redeem your iTunes Gift card.
1. Open either the App Store or iTunes Store on your iPhone and tap on Featured from the bottom menu
2. On the Featured Screen, Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on the Redeem button.
3. Next, enter your Apple ID’s Password and tap on OK.
4. On the next screen, tap on the You can also enter your code manually link (See image below).
5. Enter the iTunes Gift Card Code and tap on Redeem button, located at the top right corner of your screen
iTunes will now verify the Code and Redeem the Gift Card. If something is wrong with the code, you will be given an error message and you will have to enter the code once again.
6. Tap on Done once iTunes has finished validating your card.
Redeem iTunes Gift Card on your PC or Mac
You can also redeem iTunes Gift Cards on your PC or Mac by going to iTunes.
1. Open iTunes on your computer
2. Sign into your Apple ID, in case you are not already signed in.
3. Next, tap on Account option from the top menu bar and from the drop-down select Redeem.
4. Next, you will asked to enter the password for your Apple ID
5. On the next screen, you can either use the Camera of your computer to scan the Code or enter the Redeem Code manually (See image below).
6. Enter the code manually into the designated box, or use the Camera to scan the code.