In this post, you will be learning how to enable safe mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and how to disable safe mode after you are done with troubleshooting the device.
Why Safe Mode
Starting a device in Safe Mode is usually the first go to procedure for diagnosing problems. Once you start Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in safe mode, all the apps downloaded to the device will be temporarily disabled, leaving just the core services and pre-installed default apps running.
Once you find the device starting normally in safe mode, you can go ahead and start isolating the apps causing your device to malfunction.
How to Start Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in Safe Mode
You can easily start Note 5 in safe mode by following these steps.
1. First, make sure that your Note 5 is turned off
2. With the phone turned off, press and hold the volume down button and start your phone by pressing the power button
3. Continue holding down the volume button and release the power button when you see the phone on.
4. Release the Volume Down button when you see the screen fully loaded in Safe Mode. You will see the words Safe Mode at the lower left corner of your Note 5.
Note 5 will clearly display a “Safe Mode” badge in a black box on the bottom-left corner of the screen, which is visible no matter what screen or app you’re in.
You’ll also see a notification informing you that your phone is in Safe Mode.
Disable or Uninstall the Malfunctioning App
In case your phone starts normally in Safe mode, it is reasonable to think that the malfunctioning of your device is most likely due to one of the recent apps that you may have installed. You can either disable or uninstall the suspected app and see if the problem is resolved.
Follow these steps to either disable or uninstall the most recent app that you had downloaded. It is very likely that the problem on your phone is due to the most recent installed app.
1. Access the phone Settings
2. Scroll down to the Application Manager.
3. You will find the app under the Downloaded tab > Disable or Uninstall the app
How to Disable Safe Mode on Note 5
Now to get out of the Safe Mode, Swipe down the notification shade and then tap the Safe Mode notification. You will see a pop up window on your screen allowing you to reboot your phone normally.
You can also get out of the safe mode by simply Pressing down the Power button and choosing Restart from the popup menu.