Incorporating a powerful camera into a smartphone while still maintaining its slim body is a challenge that smartphone designers will continue to battle with. Samsung has set the bar high in this area, incorporating high end features and specs into the cameras of its much awaited S6 and S6 Edge phones.
We accepted the challenge of integrating a more powerful camera into the slim body of a smartphone because we believe that a smartphone should do a lot more than just take great pictures. – DongHoon Jang, Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Camera Specs
Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge features a 5 Megapixels front facing camera and a 16 Megapixel rear camera, both with F1.9 aperture size to allow for better pictures and videos in low light conditions.
Here is a listing of the full specs of the main rear camera which features Optical image stabilization, HDR and 4k video recording.
|Samsung S6||Rear Camera Specs|
|Mega Pixels||16 MP|
|Resolution||2988 x 5312 pixels|
|Video Recording(4K)||[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]|
The front camera on Samsung Galaxy S6 will please the Selfie generation, featuring a wider F1.9 aperture to allow for better wide angle selfies even in low light conditions and high-end features like real-time HDR – the first smartphone with this feature on its front camera.
|Samsung S6||Front Camera Specs|
|Mega Pixels||5 MP|
|Video Recording||[email protected], dual video call, Auto HDR|
Samsung Galaxy S6 Camera Features
Here is a listing of features in Samsung Galaxy S6 Camera and a brief description of what each features does.
- Image stabilization: Smart optical image stabilization reduces blur in images due to shaking.
- Real Time-HDR: The S6 Camera automatically adapts to various shooting modes, will also adjust its white balance accordingly.
- Object Tracking: Samsung S6 camera features object tracking, with this you can just tap an object or person in your frame, and the Camera’s auto-focus will constantly adjust itself to keep the tapped object or a person in focus as it moves.
- Wider Aperture: Both front and rear camera’s of S6 feature wider aperture, which improves the ability to take photos and videos in low light conditions.
- Easy to use: The Camera opens with a simple double-tap on the home button, even with the phone locked and asleep.
- Lightning Fast: The camera opens and is ready to snap a photo in just 0.7 seconds.
- Pro Features: Manual ISO and shutter speed adjustment in a separate mode
Comparison with iPhone 6 Camera
Samsung has released pictures and video comparing the low light picture and video shooting abilities of S6 with Apple iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. By the look of it the demonstrations of like-for-like pictures and video puts S6 far ahead of the iPhone 6.
You can take a look and decide while Apple may have its own comments and reservations about the conditions.