Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is the best smartphone that Samsung has ever made. Featuring bold and innovative design, Samsung’s new phone is exceptionally good looking and packed with cutting edge internal components. Let’s just go ahead and take a look at the specs and features of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Specs
|Specs||Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge|
|Dimensions (L x W)||142.1 x 70.1 mm (5.59 x 2.76 inches)|
|Thickness||7.0 mm (0.28 inches)|
|Weight||132 grams (4.66oz)|
|Display||5.1 Inches; 1440 x 2650 pixels (577 ppi)|
|Screen||Super AMOLED Curved, Multi-touch Screen|
|Screen Protection||Gorilla Glass 4|
|OS||Android 5.0 (Lollipop)|
|RAM||3 GB DDR4 Ram|
|Storage||64 GB, 128 GB (Non Expandable)|
|Processor||Octa Core; 4 x 2.1 GHz + 4 x 1.5 GHz 64-bit|
|Front Camera||5 MP, [email protected]|
|Rear Camera||16 MP, 2988 x 5312 pixels|
|Video||[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, gyrometer, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, Sp02 sensor|
|Others||GPS, NFC, Bluetooth, Infra-red, Dual Band Wi-Fi|
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Features
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is not just a good looking phone, it is packed with exceptional features that are going to please Samsung fans and also attract new premium buyers.
- Curved Display: The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge features curved display both on the right and left sides of its screen. The curved display gives the S6 phone an all new look that feels stylish and classy.
- Color Notifications: You can assign up to 5 color codes for your contacts. The curved Edges of the phone will start glowing when you receive a call. You will immediately know who is calling you by looking at the glowing edges of the phone.
- Metal Body & Glass Backing: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge features an all metal body, compared to plastic found in its old phones. The metal body is covered by glass backing, giving it a high end look and feel.
- Super AMOLED display: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge comes with an amazing display that has a resolution of 1440 x 2650 pixels which makes for 557 ppi! Samsung claims this is the highest PPI in any phone as of March 1, 2015.
- Gorilla Glass: The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has its curved display protected by super strong Gorilla Glass 4.
- Huge Octa-core Processor: S6 Edge is powered by a fast Octa-core processor. The specs of the processor are; 2.1 GHz Quad-core + 1.5 GHz Quad-core Samsung Exynos.
- DDR4 RAM and Storage Options: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge comes with 3 GB of DDR4 RAM for seamless usage. In terms of storage, S6 Edge will be available in 64 and 128 GB.
- Wireless Charging: S6 Edge comes with built-in wireless charging and supports both WPC and PMA modes. You will be able to charge your phone wherever a charging pad is available.
- Speedy Charging: The S6 Edge only requires 10 minutes of charging for up to 4 hours of use! For a full charge from 0 to 100% it takes the S6 Edge half the time compared to an iPhone 6 takes.
- Powerful Cameras: The S6 Edge comes with two powerful cameras that include high-end features like Auto-HDR, Image Stabilization and an IR sensor that adjusts the camera by detecting if you are inside or outside.
- Samsung Gear VR: The S6 Edge is compatible with the new Samsung Gear VR which will let you experience virtual reality.
- Samsung Pay: Samsung Pay is Samsung’s answer to Apple Pay which was unveiled in September. Samsung Pay works with 90% of the retailers which is more than NFC which works with only 10% of retailers. Samsung Pay accepts Visa, MasterCard, Bank of America, American Express, U.S. Bank, Citi and JPMorgan Chase.
Related: Samsung Pay Security and Use
S6 Edge Price & Release Date
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is set for an April 10 release in most countries around the world and will launch globally after April 10. The price for the S6 Edge has not been stated yet.
According to our estimates the price for S6 Edge could be priced anywhere between $249 – $399 for the 64 GB version on a 2 year contract and between $849 and $1,099 for an unlocked 64 GB version.