Samsung Galaxy S6 is the phone to beat this year due to its impressive specs and feature. Samsung’s new phone is a powerful device that checks all the boxes that users are looking for nowadays.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Specs
Given below are Samsung Galaxy S6 specs in an easy to follow tabular format.
|Specs||Samsung Galaxy S6|
|Dimensions (L x W)||143.4 x 70.5 (5.65 x 2.78 inches)|
|Thickness||6.8 mm (0.27 inches)|
|Display||5.1 inch, 1440 x 2560 @577 ppi|
|Screen||Super AMOLED, Multi Touch|
|Screen Protection||Gorilla Glass 4|
|OS||Android 5.0 (Lollipop)|
|RAM||3 GB DDR4 Ram|
|Storage||32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB|
|Processor (Octa-core)||4×2.1 GHZ + 4×1.5 GHz|
|Front Camera||5 MP, [email protected]|
|Rear Camera||16 MP (2988 x 5312 pixels)|
|Video||[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, gyrometer, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2|
|Others||GPS, NFC, Bluetooth, Infra-red, Dual band Wi-Fi|
Samsung Galaxy S6 Features
Samsung Galaxy S6 is backed with impressive high end features, setting the bar high for its competition.
- Metal Body: Samsung S6 features an all metal body unlike plastic in previous generation of Samsung phones. According to Samsung the phone’s metal body is 50% stronger than traditional metals and it doesn’t bend!
- Super AMOLED display: This is considered to be highest in display quality. The display resolution of 1440 x 2650 (557 ppi) is the highest in any smartphone.
- Gorilla Glass: Samsung S6 display is safely protected by Gorilla Glass 4, the strongest and the toughest Glass.
- Powerful Processor: S6 packs impressive processing capacity, powered by an Octa-core 4×2.1GHz + 4×1.5GHz 64-bit 14nm Samsung Exynos processor.
- DDR4 RAM: Samsung S6 features 3 GB of DDR4 RAM compared to 2 GB DDR3 RAM in S5.
- Wireless Charging: Wireless charging supports both WPC and PMA wireless charging modes.
- Quick Charging: Needs just 10 minutes of charging for up to 4 hours of use!. Takes 50% less time for charging compared to iPhone 6.
- Samsung Gear VR: Lets you enjoy immersive experience with virtual reality
- Impressive Cameras: The front and rear cameras in S6 are packed with impressive features such as Optical Image Stabilization, Auto-HDR, object tracking and IR sensor that automatically detects whether you are shooting indoors or outdoors.
- Samsung Pay: Samsung Pay is expected to be accepted by 90% of the retailers around the world compared to NFC which is only accepted by 10% of the retailers. Samsung Pay works with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bank of America, Citi, U.S. Bank and JPMorgan Chase.
Price & Release Date
Samsung Galaxy S6 is expected to release on April 10 in most countries. The price has not been stated yet, but according to our estimates it could be anywhere between $199 – $299 for the 32 GB version on a 2 year contract and between $750 and $900 for an unlocked 32 GB version.