WhatsApp allows users to upload Images and Videos as daily Status updates. Since, these Status updates are automatically deleted by WhatsApp after 24 hours, some users want to save WhatsApp Status Videos and Images on their devices.
Save WhatsApp Status Videos and Images
One easy way of saving WhatsApp Status images is to take a screenshot of the Status. However, this method does not work for saving WhatsApp Status Videos.
Hence, a better way to save both WhatsApp Status Videos and Images is to access the hidden “.statuses” Folder on your device, where WhatsApp keeps Status uploads for a period of 24 hours.
On an Android Phone, the hidden “.statuses” folder can be easily accessed using File Manager or by using ES File Explorer App.
In case of iPhone, WhatsApp Status Videos can be recorded using the Screen Recording Feature as available on iOS devices.
1. Save WhatsApp Status Videos On Android Phone Using File Manager
Each time you view a status on WhatsApp, that status is automatically saved for 24 hours in a hidden “.statuses” Folder on your device.
Hence, the easiest way to save WhatsApp Status Videos and Images on an Android Phone would be to access the “.statuses” Folder on your device using “File Manager” and copy WhatsApp Status Videos and Images.
On Samsung phones the “File Manager” is labelled as “My Files”. On Xiaomi, Motorola and most Stock Android Phones, it is labelled as “File Manager”.
The easiest way to access File Manager is to search for “File Manager” in Google Assistant.
On Samsung phones you can access File Manager by tapping on All Apps > Tools > My Files. On Stock Android Phones, you can access File Manager in the App Drawer.
If you cannot find the File Manager on your device, you can skip this method and use the second one.
1. Open File Manager on your Android Phone.
2. Using File Manager, navigate to Device Storage > WhatsApp > Media
3. Once WhatsApp Media folder opens, tap on the 3-dot icon from the top right corner of your screen and tap on Show Hidden Files option (See image below)
4. Next, tap on the .Statuses Folder.
5. In “.Statuses” Folder, select the WhatsApp Status Videos and Images that you want to save and copy them to another folder.
Tip: To keep all your WhatsApp images in one place copy WhatsApp Images to “WhatsApp Images” Folder and copy WhatsApp Videos to “WhatsApp Video” Folder.
2. Save WhatsApp Status Videos on Android Phone Using ES File Explorer
If File Manager is not available on your device, you can make use of ES File Explorer App to copy WhatsApp Videos and images from the hidden “.Statuses” WhatsApp Folder.
1. Download and Install ES File Explorer app from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, open ES File Explorer App > tap on 3-line icon and toggle on Show Hidden Files option.
3. Next, tap on the 3-line icon and then tap on Local > Internal Storage in the dropdown
4. Next, tap on WhatsApp > Media > .Statuses Folder.
5. Select the WhatsApp Status Videos and Images that you would like to copy and Paste them into a new Folder.
3. Save WhatsApp Status Videos On iPhone Using Screen Recording Feature
Unlike Android devices, iOS devices do not have the File Explorer App. However, iPhone users can still save WhatsApp Status Videos and Images by using the built-in screen recording feature.
The Screen Recording feature is not automatically added to the Control Center by default. Hence, you need to first add the Screen Recording feature to Control Center, before being able to use it.
1. Tap on Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls
2. On the Customize Controls screen, tap on the green plus button next to “Screen Recording” option and it will be added to the Control Center.
3. Once the Screen Recording Feature is added to Control Center, you can record WhatsApp Status Videos and Images at any time on your iPhone by Swiping up from the bottom of your screen and tapping on the Record button (See image below)