It is possible to type in multiple languages on iPhone, without even switching to a different keyboard. You will find below the steps to Setup iPhone to type in Multiple Languages and also the steps to use Multilingual Keyboard on iPhone.
Multilingual Typing on iPhone
In this multicultural World, it is common to see people using two languages within the same sentence.
For example, someone from Korean or Arabic background might begin a sentence in English and switch to Korean or Arabic in the middle of a sentence and switch back to English to complete the sentence.
This habit extends while sending messages on iPhone and people with multilingual background often intermix words from their second language with English in their messages.
Once iPhone is setup for Multilingual Typing, the autocorrect function will understand that you are typing in another language and it won’t bother you by trying to correct words that you are typing in another language.
Setup iPhone to Type in Multiple Languages
Follow the steps below to setup your iPhone to Type in Multiple languages.
1. Open Settings and tap on General.
2. On the General screen, scroll down and tap on Keyboard.
3. Next, tap on Keyboards > Add New Keyboard.
4. On Add New Keyboard screen, tap on the Language that you would like to add the New Keyboard for.
5. Depending on the selected Language, you may be required to select a specific type of Keyboard for that language and tap on Done.
Once you tap on Done, the new Keyboard will be added to your iPhone and you are all setup to enjoy Multilingual Typing on iPhone.
How to Use Multilingual Keyboard On iPhone
Once the Keyboards for Multiple Languages are setup on iPhone, it becomes really easy to type in Multiple Languages while using Messaging and Social Media Apps on iPhone.
1. Open any Messaging app on your iPhone (For example WhatsApp).
2. Select the WhatsApp Contact that you would like to send a Multilingual Message to.
3. On the next screen, tap on the Message Box to bring up the Keyboard – Most likely, you will find the English Keyboard coming up (See image below).
4. Start typing your Message in English and at any time you can switch to another language by tapping on the World icon.
5. Similarly, you can switch back to English at any time by tapping on the World Icon
The support for Multilingual Typing on iPhone is not just limited to two languages, you can select Keyboards for more than two languages.
The same steps as listed above are applicable for typing in three or more languages – Just tap the World Icon two times to bring up the third language.