You just bought a brand-new Kindle Fire Tablet and can’t wait to start using it! However, you first need to complete the setup process for your device, before it is ready for use. Keep reading to learn the steps to Setup Kindle Fire Tablet.
Setup Kindle Fire Tablet
While the setup process for Amazon’s Kindle Fire Tablet is fairly simple and takes no longer than 5 minutes, it is important that your device is setup the right way.
Hence, this tutorial providing step-by-step instructions to Setup Kindle Fire Tablet.
1. Power on your Kindle Fire Tablet
The first step is to Power on your device, by pressing and holding the power button, until your Kindle Fire vibrates, or you see the screen power on.
2. Choose Language
Once Kindle Fire tablet is Powered ON, you will be greeted with a welcome screen and asked to choose your Language.
Simply select your language and tap on the Continue button located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
3. Sign into WiFi Network
After choosing your preferred language, you will be asked to Sign into your WiFi Network.
Select your Network from the list of WiFi Networks listed on the screen of your Kindle Fire Tablet and sign-in using your WiFi Network Password.
Note: Once you are signed into a WiFi network, Kindle Fire tablet will download updates (in case available).
4. Sign Into Amazon Account
Once Kindle Fire is connected to the WiFi network, you will be prompted to sign-in to your Amazon account.
By default, Kindle Fire tablet will be registered to the Amazon account it was purchased from and if you want to use the same account, simply tap on Yes That’s Me.
However, if you have received the Kindle Fire tablet as a gift or want to use a different Amazon account, then tap on No and follow the on-screen instructions to sign-in to your Amazon account.
Note: If you previously owned a Kindle Fire tablet, then you may see a screen asking you if you would like to restore your Kindle Fire tablet from a backup.
5. Choose Kindle Fire Options
Once you have signed into Kindle Fire tablet, you will be asked if you would like to enable or disable a bunch of settings.
- Location Services: This setting asks if you would like Apps to access and use your location information.
- Save WiFi Password to Amazon: This setting asks if you would like Amazon to save your WiFi passwords to make it easy for you to sign-in to other devices. While this makes it easier to sign-in to WiFi networks on other devices, we recommend that you do not share your WiFi password with anyone, even trustworthy companies like Amazon.
- Auto-Save Photos and Videos: This setting asks if you would like to make use of 5 GB free cloud storage that Amazon offers to backup your photos and videos.
- Backup & Restore: This setting asks if you would like to have your settings and configurations backed up to the Cloud to make it easier to restore a Kindle Fire device.
Based on your requirements and preferences you can enable or disable each of the settings listed above.
6. Connect to Social Networks
The final step to complete the setup process of your new Kindle Fire tablet is an optional step that allows you to connect to social networks like Goodreads, Facebook and Twitter.
To connect to these social networks, simply tap on the Connect button located next to the network’s name.
If you do not want to connect to any social networks, simply tap on Continue to finish the setup process.
7. Setup is Complete!
That’s it! You have successfully completed setting up your Kindle Fire tablet. You can also optionally take a tutorial that will show you how to use your Kindle Fire tablet.
To skip the tutorial, simply tap on the Exit button.
You can now enjoy using your brand new Kindle Fire tablet!