The Notes App on iPhone allows you to Share and Collaborate Notes with your family members, classmates and friends. This can be quite useful in a variety of situations, ranging from preparing a shared grocery list to managing a group project.
In the case of a Shared Shopping List, you can have all the family members Collaborating to come up with a weekend Shopping List by adding grocery and other items that they require to the Family Shopping List.
In case of a Camping trip or a Picnic, families going to the trip can Collaborate using the Notes app to make sure that everyone is bringing their assigned items to the party.
Similarly, the Collaboration feature of the Notes app can be used by Students in School Projects to make sure that everyone is on the same page and doing their assigned tasks to complete the project.
Share and Collaborate Notes on iPhone
In order to use the Notes App for Collaborating, you will need to start a Note in the iCloud Folder. The Collaboration feature will not work if you start a Note on your iPhone.
Follow the steps below to make sure that you are starting a Note in iCloud Folder and Collaborate using the Notes App on your iPhone.
1. Open the Notes App on your iPhone.
2. Next, tap on the back arrow icon to move to the Folder view in Notes.
3. On the Folders screen, click on the Notes Folder located below the iCloud section (See image below)
4. On the next screen, start a New Note by tapping on the Create icon located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
5. Add items to Note (in case you have anything to add). To Add people to this Note, tap on the Add People icon located at the top of the screen (See image below)
Note: Take a look at How To Fix Missing Add People Button in Notes App in case you are unable to see the Add People button.
6. On the next screen, tap on the method of sending an invite to the people that you would like to Collaborate with. In this case, let us tap on Message option.
Note: iPhone allows you to send invitations using the Native iPhone Messages App, WhatsApp, Email, Twitter, Facebook and other options.
7. On the next screen, enter the recipients and tap on the Send button to send the Note invite to all your recipients (See image below)
8. Your recipients will receive a Message with a Link that will allow them to open the Shared Note. They will be able to Edit and add to the Note as required.
9. You can see who is Collaborating with you at any time by opening the Shared Note and tapping on the People icon located at the top of your screen (See image below).
10. You can Add more people to the project at any time by tapping on Add People Link. You can also Remove People from the Note and stop Collaboration on the Note at any time by tapping on the Stop Sharing Link.