As you must have noticed, iTunes will automatically launch itself whenever you connect your iPhone or iPad to your Windows Computer or Mac. This can be quite annoying, in case you are just trying to charge your device and have nothing to do with iTunes.
In case you want to, you can easily stop iTunes from opening automatically, whenever you connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer for charging your device or for other tasks that have nothing to do with iTunes.
Stop iTunes From Opening Automatically On Computer
Follow the steps below to Stop iTunes from automatically opening itself, whenever you connect your iOS device to your Windows Computer or Mac.
1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Computer using its supplied USB cable.
2. As expected, you will see iTunes opening automatically on your computer.
3. After iTunes opens, click on the iPhone icon that will appear just below the iTunes top Menu bar (See image below)
Note: Clicking on the phone icon is required to reveal the iTunes Settings Menu in the Left pane (See image in step 5 below).
4. Next, click on the Summary tab in the iTunes Settings Menu (in case you are not already on that tab)
5. On the right side, scroll down to the Options Section and disable “Automatically Sync when iPhone is connected” Option by clicking on it to remove the check mark against this option (See image above)
Un-checking this option will prevent your iPhone from automatically syncing to iTunes and you will no longer see iTunes opening automatically, whenever you connect your iPhone to your Computer for charging.
Stop iTunes Opening Automatically Using Preferences Tab
Another way to stop iTunes from opening automatically, whenever you connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer is through the iTunes Preferences tab
1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using its USB cable.
2. You will see iTunes appearing as soon as you connect your iPhone to the Computer.
3. Next, click on Edit option in the iTunes upper menu (See image below).
4. From a drop-down menu, click on Preferences… (See image above)
5. On the next window, make sure that you are on Devices tab and enable the option “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically” by clicking on the check box next to this option (See image below).
As it is clear from the wordings of this option, enabling the option will prevent your iPhone or iPad from syncing automatically. This will ensure that iTunes will not open automatically on your Computer, whenever you connect your iPhone or iPad for charging and other non iTunes related tasks.
In case you need to do something on iTunes, you can always launch iTunes by clicking on the iTunes shortcut on your Computer, instead of having iTunes opening automatically, whenever an iOS device is connected to your Computer.