Those annoying Pop-up Ads and unwanted redirects to spammy sites can ruin your browsing experience. You will find below the steps to stop redirects and Pop-up Ads on Android Phone.
Stop Redirects and Pop-up Ads on Android Phone
The amount of free information, entertainment and educational material as available on the internet wouldn’t be possible without Advertising.
Ideally, websites should provide the right kind of information that users are looking for, while serving relevant and unobtrusive Ads.
However, there are many websites that focus primarily on serving Ads and bombard visitors with unwanted Pop-up Ads, as soon as they land on such websites.
Also, there are spammers who make use of Advertising Networks and use other methods to redirect visitors from reputable websites to spammy sites, serving the most annoying kind of Pop-up Ads.
Thankfully, it is possible to stop Pop-up Ads on Android Phone using two different methods as provided below.
Stop Pop-up Ads on Android Phone Using Chrome Browser
Follow the steps below to stop Pop-up Ads on the default Chrome browser on your Android Phone.
1. Open Chrome browser and tap on the 3-dots Chrome menu icon located at the top-right corner of your screen.
2. From the drop-down, tap on Settings.
3. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Site Settings.
4. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on Pop-ups and redirects.
5. On Pop-ups and redirects screen, turn OFF the slider next to Pop-ups and redirects.
After this, you won’t be seeing those annoying Pop-Up Ads on your Android Phone.
2. Enable Data Saver Mode to Block Pop-Up Ads on Android Phone
Enabling Data Saver mode in Chrome browser helps you save cellular data and also helps in blocking pop-up Ads and spammy redirects to unknown websites.
1. Open Chrome browser on your Android Phone.
2. Tap on 3-dots Chrome menu icon and then tap on Settings in the drop-down menu.
3. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Data Saver option.
4. On the next screen, enable Data Saver in Chrome browser by moving the toggle to ON position.
Once Data Saver Mode is enabled on your Android Phone, Chrome browser will start to compress web pages, resulting in both Data Savings and considerable reduction in Pop-Up Ads.