The thingCHARGER is an innovative new gadget that allows you to charge your devices hassle and wire free. The gadget aimed to raise $25,000, but has so far managed to raise $739,883 on Indiegogo as of March 13.
The thingCHARGER allows users to charge any device without ever having to hunt for a charger. You can charge your phones, tablets of any make, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Motorola and just about any device of any make.
- The charger simply plugs into any available electrical outlet and sits there ready and visible to charge your devices
- The charger is also green by design, eliminating the vampire current that is found in outlets when they are not in use.
- The charger itself ships with a mini-USB pin and an Apple 30 pin. If you want the Lighting pin then you are required to pay an extra fee of $10.
- Allows you to charge devices with their cases on as thingCHARGER’s pins are height adjustable.
- The design is basic and looks like a regular power outlet except for the fact that it features two USB ports at the bottom and a USB pin at the top.
What it Does
The thingCHARGER plugs into a regular power outlet and lets users:
- Charge any USB device including smartphones, tablets & e-Readers wirelessly
- Charge up to 3 devices wirelessly
- Still use both power outlets while charging their device
- Switch power tips easily
- Adjust power tips in case the device is covered by a case
- Use 2 additional USB outlets at the bottom of the charger
How It Works
Basically all you need to do is plug the thingCHARGER into a regular power outlet and it sits there ready to charge any device. You simply connect your devices using the power tips available on top of the thingCHARGER.
You now have your devices sitting on top of the thingCHARGER with no visible wires and plugs.
The thingCHARGER is available in 6 price formats: 1 for $29, 2 for $58, 4 for $87, 7 for $145, 10 for $203 and 16 for $319. An extra fee of $10 for each charger is required if you want to add the lighting tip to charge your new Apple device.
Currently the charger only works in US vertical twin outlets and the developers are working on international versions. The thingCHARGER will most likely ship sometime during the summer of 2015.