Snapchat Memories feature allows you to upload pictures directly from the Camera Roll of your iPhone or Android Phone to Snapchat. In this article we will be taking a look at How to use Snapchat Memories Feature on your iPhone or Android Phone.
Memories Feature in Snapchat
If you have updated to the new version of Snapchat, chances are that you must have noticed a new small round circle below the existing camera circle (See image below).
Tapping on this circle, or scrolling up from the bottom of your screen will reveal the new Snapchat Memories Feature.
The new Memories feature on Snapchat allows you to view all your saved Snapchats and even allows you to upload an existing photo from your camera roll to share on Snapchat.
How to Use Snapchat Memories Feature
In order to use Snapchat Memories Feature on your Android or iPhone, you first need to enable this feature on your device by updating the Snapchat app to the latest version.
After updating to the latest version of Snapchat, you should be able to see the Memories Feature in the form of a small circle below the Camera circle, mentioned above.
Now, let us take a look at how you can enhance your user experience on Snapchat by making use of the Memories Feature.
How to Access Saved Snaps using Memories Feature
Follow the steps below to access saved snaps on your phone by making use of the new Memories feature.
1. Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android Phone
2. Next tap on the little circle below the camera circle or swipe up from the bottom of your screen (See image below).
3. Next, tap on the Snaps tab and then tap on the Import button to import your saved snaps (See image below)
4. On the next screen, you will be able to select all the snaps that you wish to import into Snapchat Memories feature.
How to Upload Photos From Camera Roll to Snapchat
As mentioned above, the new Memories feature in Snapchat allows you to upload pictures directly from your Camera roll to Snapchat.
1. Open the Snapchat app on your phone
2. Next, tap on the little circle below the camera circle, or you can alternatively swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
3. On the next screen, tap on the Camera Roll tab, and then tap and hold on the Photo that you would like to share on Snapchat (See image below)
4. Once the Photo to share on Snapchat is selected, you can tap on the blue Share button to share the Photo on Snapchat or tap on the pencil icon to edit the photo before sharing.
5. On the next screen, you can select the Contact that you would like to share the story with, or select My story to post the picture to your Story (See image below).
6. Next, you will need to tap on the blue Send button to post the picture to Snapchat.
How to Move Picture to My Eyes Only Folder
Snapchat Memories feature also allows you to move your snaps to My Eyes Only Folder which is basically a password protected folder.
This means that if you hand over your device to anyone to take a look at your memories, they will not be able to access “My Eyes Only” folder without entering a Passcode.
Moving pictures to My Eyes Only folder is easy, just follow the steps below.
1. Open Snapchat on your phone and tap on the little circle below the Camera Circle (See image below)
2. Next tap on either Snaps or Camera Roll, depending on where the picture you want to move to My Eyes Only folder is located.
3. Now, tap and hold on the picture that you want to move to My Eyes Only Folder
4. Next, tap on the 3 line icon located at the top left corner of your screen (See image below)
5. On the next screen, tap on the Move to My Eyes Only option
6. You will be prompted to setup a passcode on the next screen, in case you are setting up this feature for the first time.