It can be really convenient and useful to get the latest Weather information, right on the Notification Center of your iPhone. You will find below the steps to Get Weather in Notification Center on iPhone or iPad.
Get Weather in Notification Center on iPhone
By default, the Weather Widget should be readily available in the Notification Center of your iPhone.
If this is not the case and you are unable see Weather in Notification Center of your iPhone, it is most likely that you have turned OFF Location Tracking for the default Weather App on iPhone.
Another reason for Weather information not showing in iPhone Notification Center is due to the Weather Widget being disabled on iPhone.
Enabling Location Tracking for the iOS default Weather App and Enabling the Weather Widget in the Notification Center should help you get Weather in Notification Center on iPhone.
1. Enable Location Tracking
In order to provide the Weather Information in your area, the Weather App needs to know your location.
Hence, follow the steps below to enable Location Tracking for the iOS default Weather App on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone > scroll down and tap on Privacy.
2. On the Privacy screen, tap on Location Services
3. On the next screen, make sure Location Services is enabled.
On the same screen, scroll down and tap on Weather.
4. On the Weather screen, you can select Always or While using the App option.
Now check to see if you are able to see the Weather Widget in the Notification Center of your iPhone.
In case the Weather is not showing up, open the Weather App > If prompted, allow the App to track your Location (while using the App or Always).
2. Add Weather Widget to Notification Center
If Weather is still not showing up in the Notification Center, it is likely that the Weather Widget has not been added to show up in the Notification Center.
1. Swipe from left-to-right on the screen of your iPhone to open the Widget section of Notification Center on your iPhone.
2. On the Widgets screen, scroll down to the bottom and tap on the Edit option.
3. If prompted, enter the Lock Screen Passcode.
4. On Add Widgets screen, scroll down to “Add More Widgets” section and tap on the + button located next to the Weather widget and tap on Done.
Now open the Widget section of Notification center on your phone and you should be able to see the current Weather information.
In case the Weather is still not showing up, Power OFF your device completely, wait for 30 seconds and turn it back ON.