The issue of Weather widget not working or updating on iPhone is being reported by some users. You should be able to fix this issue using methods as provided below.
Weather Widget Not Working on iPhone or iPad
Having the Weather widget on the Lock Screen of iPhone or iPad can be convenient, as it provides instant weather updates, without the need to login to iPhone and open the Weather App.
However, some users have reported the problem of Weather Widget not working, being buggy, not loading, refreshing randomly or not at all updating temperature on iPhone.
You should be able to fix this problem using one of the methods as provided below.
1. Allow Weather App to Access Your Location
The Weather App needs to access your location in order to provide you with current Weather updates in your location.
When you allow the weather App to access your location, you can choose from two settings “Always” and “While Using the App”.
1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
2. On the Location Services screen, tap on Weather.
3. On the next screen, tap on While Using the App or Widgets option.
Now that both Weather App and Widget have access to your Location, you should be able to see the Weather Widget displaying updated weather info on the Lock Screen of your iPhone.
2. Reset Location and Privacy
Sometimes, glitches in Location and Privacy settings can cause problem with the Weather App.
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset.
2. On the Reset Screen, tap on Reset Location & Privacy option.
3. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Reset to confirm.
3. Enable Background App Refresh
If you are looking for the most up-to-moment weather updates, you need to allow the Weather App to refresh its data in the background.
1. Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh.
2. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Weather to ON position.
Now, the Weather App will be able to bring the most recent weather updates to your iPhone, even if you are not using the Weather App.
4. Delete Weather App and Reinstall it Back Again
If the Weather Widget is still not functioning properly, the problem might be due to the Weather App becoming corrupted or incompatible on your iPhone.
The only way to fix this issue is to Delete and Reinstall the Weather App back on your iPhone from the App Store.
1. Locate the Weather Icon on the Home screen of your iPhone.
2. Tap and hold (long press) on the Weather App Icon and select Remove App option in the contextual menu that appears.
3. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Delete App to confirm.
4. After deleting the App, Power OFF iPhone > Wait for 60 seconds and Restart iPhone.
5. Next, open the App Store on your iPhone, search for Weather App and Reinstall Weather App back on your iPhone.
5. Update to the Latest Version of iOS
The problem with the Weather Widget might be due to your iPhone not being updated to the latest version of iOS.
1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
2. On the next screen, tap on Download & Install link (if an Update is available).
6. Force Restart iPhone
It is possible that some processes related to the Weather App are stuck or have become glitchy on your iPhone. Many times such minor glitches can be fixed by Force Restarting iPhone.
iPhone 6 and below: Press and hold Home + Power (ON/OFF) buttons, until you see your iPhone starting with Apple logo.
iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold Volume Down + Power (ON/OFF) buttons, until you see Apple logo
iPhone 8 and above: Press and release Volume Up > Volume Down > and then press and hold the Side button (ON/OFF), until Apple logo appears.