If, for some reason, you are seeing “Can’t Save Photos to Camera Roll” error and WhatsApp is Unable to Save Photos to Camera Roll on iPhone, it is likely that WhatsApp Account and Privacy Settings on your iPhone are preventing WhatsApp from downloading Photos to your iPhone.
WhatsApp Unable to Save Photos to Camera Roll on iPhone
By default, all incoming WhatsApp Photos and Videos are saved to the Camera Roll on iPhone. This arrangement works well for most users who like to see all incoming WhatsApp Photos and Videos being downloaded and saved to the Camera Roll on their iPhones.
However, allowing WhatsApp to save Photos and Videos to iPhone can quickly fill up the storage space on your iPhone and it is likely that you may have prevented WhatsApp from saving Photos to iPhone and forgotten about this.
If not, it is likely that you may have tapped on the Deny option, when WhatsApp first prompted you to allow access to the Photos App on iPhone. In any case, this problem is fairly easy to fix.
First let us make sure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your iPhone.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Once you are in the App Store, tap on the Updates option and see if an update for WhatsApp is available.
3. If an Update is available, tap on the Update option next to WhatsApp to get the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your iPhone.
Check WhatsApp Incoming Media Settings
Follow the steps below to make sure that the option to save incoming media to the Camera Roll on your iPhone is enabled.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone
2. Once you are in WhatsApp, tap on the Settings tab located in the bottom menu.
3. On WhatsApp Settings screen, tap on Chats (See image below).
4. On the Chats screen, make sure that the option for Save to Camera Roll is enabled. If not, move the toggle to the ON position in order to allow WhatsApp permission to Save Photos and Videos to the Camera Roll on your iPhone (See image below).
After this, you can ask any of your WhatsApp contacts to send you a Photo or Video in a WhatsApp Message. Once the message is received, see if the Photo or Video attached to this Message is available in the Camera Roll on your iPhone.
If the Photos or Video is not available in the Camera Roll, it is likely that WhatsApp is Unable to Save Photos to Camera Roll due to privacy Settings on your iPhone.
Check WhatsApp Privacy Settings
Even if you have enabled “Save to Camera Roll” option in WhatsApp settings, the App won’t be able to save incoming Photos and Videos to Camera Roll, if the Privacy settings on your iPhone do not permit this action.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on the Privacy option.
3. On the Privacy screen, scroll down and tap on Photos.
4. On the Photos screen, tap on WhatsApp.
5. On the next screen, tap on the Read and Write option to make sure that WhatsApp has access to the Photos App on your iPhone.
After this you can ask any of your WhatsApp Contacts to send you a Photo or Video and see if it gets saved to the Camera Roll on your iPhone.
During the re-install process, WhatsApp may ask your permission to access Photos on your iPhone, this time make sure that you tap on the Allow option.