Many computer users have reported the problem of High CPU Usage by WSAPPX in Windows 10. Continue reading to learn more and the steps to fix this problem.
High CPU Usage by WSAPPX in Windows 10
In case you are concerned, WSAPPX is not a malware program or Virus causing problems on your computer. WSAPPX is part of Windows operating system that becomes active on your computer, only while updating Windows Store Apps.
This service is basically designed to communicate with Windows Store, in order to bring fresh updates to Apps downloaded from the Windows store on your computer.
High CPU Usage by WSAPPX in Windows 10 is usually noticed when this component of Windows OS becomes unresponsive or malfunctions.
You can fix the problem of High CPU Usage by WSAPPX in Windows 10 by using any of the following methods, as provided below.
1. Disable Automatic App Updates
If the performance of your computer is being adversely affected due to high CPU Usage by WSAPPX, it is most likely that Updates for a Windows Store App are being installed on your computer.
If you do not want your work to be affected by such untimely App Updates, you can disable Automatic App Updates on your computer.
1. Open Microsoft Store > click on 3-dots More icon > Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, turn OFF Update Apps Automatically option.
Note: Remember to manually update Apps by going to Microsoft Store > More Icon > Downloads & Updates > click on the Update button.
2. Update Device Drivers
While the problem of High CPU Usage by WSAPPX in Windows 10 is not directly related to drivers, outdated device drivers can make the WSAPPX service unresponsive, causing high CPU Usage.
1. Login to your Admin Account and open Device Manager.
2. On the Device Manager Screen, click on Action > Scan for hardware changes.
Windows will scan your computer for Hardware changes and update any drivers (if required)
3. Run Windows Troubleshooter
You can make use of the in-built Troubleshooter on your computer to fix the problem of High CPU Usage by WSAPPX in Windows 10.
1. Open Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Store Apps.
In the left pane, scroll down to Windows Store Apps and click on it (See above image).
2. Next, click on Run the Troubleshooter option.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions as Windows Troubleshooter tries to find and fix problems with Windows Store Apps on your computer.
4. Change Memory Management Type
Although, Windows 10 is designed to automatically manage paging size and virtual memory, increasing the available virtual memory should help fix the problem of High CPU Usage by WSAPPX in Windows 10.
1. Open Control Panel > click on System and Security.
2. On the next screen, click on System
3. Next, click on Advanced system settings
4. On the next screen, click on the Advanced tab and then click on the Settings button in Performance section (See image below).
5. On the performance Options screen, click on the Advanced tab and then click on the Change button in Virtual Memory section.
6. On the Virtual Memory screen, uncheck Automatically manage option, check System Managed size option and click on OK.
Make sure you Restart the computer for above changes to be implemented.
5. Scan for Malware
The problem of High CPU Usage should now be fixed on your computer. However, it is still a good idea to scan your computer for malware, using the Antivirus program installed on your computer.
You can also make use of Windows Defender Offline tool to scan and remove harmful programs from your computer.
Once the scan is completed, you will be able to delete or quarantine the malware on your computer.