In this article, we are providing the steps to Prevent Stock Apps From being deleted on iPhone or iPad. You may want to take this precaution, in order to prevent the possibility of your favourite Stock Apps from being accidentally deleted on iPhone or iPad.
Prevent Stock Apps From Being Deleted on iPhone
Unlike before, Apple now allows its device users to remove or delete many of the stock Apps from iPhone or iPad.
While this feature is useful in getting rid of Stock Apps that you are unlikely to use, it also raises the possibility of important or necessary Stock Apps being accidentally deleted on your device.
For example, Stock Apps like Contacts, FaceTime, Calendar, Reminders and Maps are some of the Stock Apps that most users consider as being important and an essential part of the iOS experience.
Hence, it is good idea to take the necessary steps to avoid the possibility of your favourite Stock Apps from being deleted on iPhone or iPad.
Which Stock Apps Can be Deleted on iPhone or iPad
Here is a list of Stock Apple Apps that can be deleted on your iPhone or iPad. For the sake of convenience, we have tried to group these stock Apps into the following groups.
- Essential Stock Apps: Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Maps, Notes, FaceTime, iTunes, Weather, Calculator, Notes, Activity
- Informative Stock Apps: iBooks, News, Podcasts, Stocks, Tips
- Entertainment Apps: Music, TV, Find My Friends
- Others Stock Apps: Files, Watch App, Compass, Voice Memos, Find My Friends, Photo Booth, Voice Memos.
What Happens When You Delete Stock Apps on iPhone
While it makes sense to delete stock Apps that you do not normally use, it is really important to be aware of what happens when you delete certain stock apps on iPhone or iPad.
1. Deleting the Music app might prevent you from playing music in your car using Apple or third party Apps.
2. Similarly, deleting Apps like Podcast, iBooks and Maps will make these Apps unavailable with CarPlay.
3. In case your iPhone is Paired with Apple Watch, deleting a Stock App on your iPhone also deletes it from the Apple Watch.
4. Deleting Weather or Stocks Apps on iPhone or iPad means that you won’t be able to get weather and Stock Updates in the Notification Center or as Glances on your Apple Watch.
5. If Contacts app is deleted, the contact information will remain in the Phone app.
6. Even if FaceTime app is deleted, you can still make and receive FaceTime calls in Contacts and the Phone app.
7. When you delete the Watch app from an iPhone paired with an Apple Watch, you will see an alert asking you to unpair the watch before deleting the app.
8. If the Contacts App is deleted, you can expect the Contact information to remain in the Phone App
Steps to Prevent Stock Apps From Being Deleted on iPhone or iPad
In order to Prevent Stock Apps from being deleted on iPhone, you need to first make sure that you have enabled Restrictions option on your iPhone. In case Restrictions are not yet enabled on your iPhone, you can refer to this article: How to Enable Restrictions on iPhone or iPad.
After enabling Restrictions on your device, you can follow the steps below to prevent the possibility of Stock Apple Apps being accidentally deleted by children or anyone else in your home that has access to your device.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad
2. On the Settings screen, tap on General.
3. On the General Settings screen, tap on Restrictions.
4. On the next screen, enter the Restriction Passcode for your device
Note: Restrictions Passcode may be different from your iPhone passcode. In case you have forgotten or lost your Restrictions Passcode, you can take a look at this article: How to Reset Restrictions Passcode on iPhone or iPad
5. On the Restrictions screen, make sure that the Toggle next to Deleting Apps is set to OFF position (See image below).