In this article, we are providing the steps to Prevent Stock Apps From being deleted on iPhone. You may want to take this precaution, in order to prevent the possibility of your favourite Stock Apps from being accidentally deleted.
Prevent Stock Apps From Being Deleted on iPhone
Unlike before, Apple now allows its device users to delete many of the stock Apps from iPhone or iPad.
While this is useful in getting rid of Stock Apps that you are unlikely to use, it also gives rise to the the possibility of your favourite Stock Apps being accidentally deleted.
For example, Stock Apps like Contacts, FaceTime, Calendar, Reminders and Maps are some of the Stock Apps that most users consider as being important and you may not want any of these Apps being deleted on your iPhone.
Hence, it is good idea to take the steps to prevent stock Apps from being deleted on your iPhone.
Steps to Prevent Stock Apps From Being Deleted on iPhone
Follow the steps below top prevent stock Apps from being deleted on iPhone.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad
2. On the Settings screen, tap on Screen Time.
3. On the Screen Time screen, tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
4. On the next screen, make sure that the option for Content & Privacy Restrictions is toggled ON and tap iTunes & App Store Purchases option.
5. On the iTunes & App Store Purchases screen, tap on Deleting Apps.
6. On the Next Screen, tap on Don’t Allow option to prevent deleting of All Apps on your iPhone.
After this setting, deleting of both Stock Apps and Apps downloaded from the App Store will be disabled on your iPhone.
Which Stock Apps Can be Deleted on iPhone or iPad
Here is a list of Stock Apple Apps that can be deleted on your iPhone or iPad. For the sake of convenience, we have tried to group these stock Apps into the following groups.
- Essential Stock Apps: Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Maps, Notes, FaceTime, iTunes, Weather, Calculator, Notes, Activity
- Informative Stock Apps: iBooks, News, Podcasts, Stocks, Tips
- Entertainment Apps: Music, TV, Find My Friends
- Others Stock Apps: Files, Watch App, Compass, Voice Memos, Find My Friends, Photo Booth, Voice Memos.
What Happens When You Delete Stock Apps on iPhone
While it makes sense to delete stock Apps that you do not normally use, it is really important to be aware of what happens when you delete certain stock apps on iPhone or iPad.
1. Deleting the “Music” App prevents you from playing music in your car using Apple or third party Apps. Similarly, deleting Apps like Podcast, iBooks and Maps will make these Apps unavailable with CarPlay.
2. In case your iPhone is Paired with Apple Watch, deleting a Stock App on iPhone also deletes the App from Apple Watch.
3. Deleting “Weather” or “Stocks” Apps on iPhone or iPad means that you won’t be able to get weather and Stock Updates in the Notification Center or as Glances on your Apple Watch.
4. If the “Contacts” App is deleted, the contact information will remain in the Phone App.
5. Even if FaceTime app is deleted, you can still make and receive FaceTime calls in Contacts and the Phone App.
6. When you delete the “Watch” app from an iPhone paired with an Apple Watch, you will see an alert asking you to unpair the watch before deleting the App.