It is not uncommon to accidentally hit the delete button on your Digital Camera and end up losing memories. Luckily, you may still be able to recover those deleted photos from the Camera’s Memory Card, whether you deleted them accidentally or someone else deleted them deliberately.
Is it Possible to Recover Deleted Photos From Digital Camera?
You may be pleased to know that a photo is not actually deleted or chucked out of your Digital Camera, when you accidentally or intentionally hit the delete button.
The camera software just puts a tick mark on the photo that you want to delete and marks its location on the Camera’s Memory Card or SD card as being available for use.
The deleted image remains on the Memory Card of the camera until you shoot another picture and the camera decides to store the new picture at the same location where the deleted photo used to be located.
For this reason it is important to immediately stop taking pictures or change the SD Card as soon as you realize that a photo has been deleted from the digital camera. The chances of recovering deleted photos will be greatly reduced in case you continue taking pictures and storing them on the same Memory Card.
Recover Deleted Photos From Camera Memory Card
In order to recover deleted Photos from a digital camera, you need to make use of good File Recovery Programs that are designed to scan the Camera’s Memory Card for areas marked as empty or available and figure out the photos that used to be located in those areas.
In case the photos are still available, these File Recovery Programs can quickly recover those images as if they were never deleted. Also, some of these programs can even recover photos from damaged or corrupted Memory Cards.
Using these File Recovery Programs is easy, just plug-in your Camera to a Computer using a USB cable or insert the Camera’s Memory Card into the card reader slot of a Computer and follow the instructions to recover deleted Photos.
Recover Deleted Photos From Camera SD Card Using Recuva
Recuva file recovery program comes from Piriform, a reputable company that is associated with its well known CCleaner tool.
Recuva File Recovery Program has a simple and user-friendly interface that makes it really easy to use. In order to make it easy, the program features a File Recovery Wizard that can guide you through the entire process of recovering pictures from your digital camera.
1. Download and Install Recuva File Recovery Program to your computer
2. Plug-in your camera to a Windows computer using a USB cable or insert the Camera’s Memory Card into your Computer’s Card reader slot.
Note: Recuva cannot be used on Mac’s. Mac users can make use of Jihosoft Photo Recovery program for Mac that is available in paid version.
3. Start Recuva on your computer and click Next when you see “Welcome to the Recuva Wizard” screen.
4. Now choose the File Type that you are trying to recover.
5. On the next screen, choose the location of the SD card and click Next.
6. The next screen allows you to select a deep search option; this option is designed for corrupted memory sticks.
7. Click on Next and wait for Recuva to scan the Memory Card for deleted photos and display the search results.
8. Select the pictures that you want to recover and click on Recover to save them to your computer.
Recuva File Recovery Program can recover most major image file types including JPEG, PNG, GIF and also images stored in Nikon RAW and Canon RAW formats.
Apart from Recuva, there are other good file recovery programs like PhotoRec, CardRecovery, and EaseUS Data Recovery that can be used to recover deleted photos from Memory Cards.