The unit of temperature display on iPhone can be changed regardless of its location in any country or region. You will find below the steps to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit on iPhone.
Switch Between Celsius and Fahrenheit on iPhone
The unit of temperature display on iPhone (°C or °F) is determined by your choice of Language and Region during the setup process.
This means that your iPhone will display temperature in degree Fahrenheit for US locations and in degree Celsius if the location is set to United Kingdom and other countries.
However, if you frequently travel between America and Europe you can easily switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit, irrespective of the Language and Region settings on your device.
The switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit on iPhone can be done using the Settings menu on iPhone and also directly on the Weather App.
1. Switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit On iPhone Using Settings
Follow the steps below to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit on iPhone or iPad
1. Open Settings > tap on General > Language & Region.
2. On Language & Region screen, scroll down to the bottom and tap on Temperature Unit.
3. On the next screen, select whether you want to see the temperature displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
This change in temperature display unit will be independent of the Language, Region and Time Zone settings on your iPhone.
2. Switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit On Weather App
You can also change your global temperature unit in Apple’s Weather app.
1. Open the Weather app on your iPhone and tap the 3-line menu icon located at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
2. On the next screen, tap on °F to switch to Fahrenheit and tap °C if you want to see temperature in degree Celsius.
This way you can easily switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit directly on the Weather App, without going into iPhone settings.
Note: The above change is not limited to the Weather app alone, changing Temperature unit on the Weather App will automatically change the Temperature unit in iPhone Settings (General > Language & Region > Temperature Unit).
3. Switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit On Mac
Just like iPhone or iPad, it is also easy to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit on Mac.
1. Click on the Apple icon in top menu bar and click on System Preferences in the drop-down menu.
2. On the System Preferences screen, click on Language & Region icon.
3. On Language & Region screen, click the Arrow next to Temperature field and select your preferred unit for temperature display (either Celsius or Fahrenheit).
After this the temperature will be reported in your preferred unit of measurement on your Mac, both in the Weather Widget in the Notification Center and also by Siri.