AirDrop is a very useful feature that makes it really easy to transfer Photos, Files and other data between AirDrop compatible devices. You will find below the steps to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac.
AirDrop From iPhone to Mac
The procedure to setup your Mac and iPhone to use the AirDrop feature involves the following steps.
- Enable WiFi & Bluetooth on iPhone and Mac
- Setup iPhone to use AirDrop
- Setup Mac to Use AirDrop
Enable WiFi/Bluetooth on iPhone and Mac
AirDrop makes use of Bluetooth technology to identify nearby device and WiFi to transfer data wirelessly between Apple devices. Hence, follow the steps below to enable both WiFi and Bluetooth on your iPhone and Mac.
1. Open the Control Center on your iPhone by swiping up on the screen of your iPhone. On the Control Center, tap on WiFi and Bluetooth icons to enable them (See image below)
2. Now, click on the Finder icon on your Mac.
3. Next, click on the Go option from the top menu bar on your Mac and then click on AirDrop in the drop-down menu that appears (See image below).
4. On the next screen, click on Turn On WiFi and Bluetooth button
In case WiFi is already enabled on your Mac, you will see Turn on Bluetooth button. Similarly, in case Bluetooth is enabled on your Mac, you will see Turn ON WiFi button.
In case both WiFi and Bluetooth have been enabled on your Mac, you will not see Turn ON WiFi or Turn ON Bluetooth buttons.
Setup iPhone to Use AirDrop
After enabling WiFi and Bluetooth Networks on your iPhone and Mac, follow the steps below to setup your iPhone to receive Data from Mac using the AirDrop feature.
1. On your iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of the screen in order to open Control Center.
2. On the Control Center screen, Tap and Hold on the Networks widget in order to expand it.
3. In the expanded Networks Widget, tap on the AirDrop icon.
4. On the next menu, tap on Everyone (See image below).
Setup Mac to Use AirDrop
Follow the steps below to Setup Mac to transfer data to your iPhone using the AirDrop feature
1. Click on the Finder icon located in the Dock on your Mac.
2. Next, click on the Go option in the top menu bar and then click on AirDrop in the Menu that appears (See image below).
3. On the AirDrop screen, you should be able to see your iPhone, iPad or iPod listed (See image below)
Note: In case your device is not listed, try unlocking your iPhone and see if it is now listed.
AirDrop From iPhone to Mac
The AirDrop feature is in-built and readily available on many popular apps like Photos. This makes it really easy to transfer Photos and other Data from iPhone to Mac using the AirDrop feature.
1. Open the Photos App on your iPhone (similarly, you can use any other App that contains the data you want to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac)
2. Once the app is open, select the Photo or Photos that you want to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac.
3. After selecting the Photos, tap on the Share icon located in the bottom-left corner of the Photos app (See image below).
4. After tapping on the Share icon, wait for your Mac to show up in the AirDrop section (May take around 5-10 seconds)
5. After the Mac shows up in the AirDrop section, tap on your Mac in order to AirDrop the photo
That’s it! you will see that the selected photo has been transferred to Mac.