Some users have reported the problem of AirDrop Icon being Greyed out on iPhone or missing on Mac. You will find below the steps to Fix AirDrop Icon Greyed out on iPhone or AirDrop option missing on Mac Sidebar.
AirDrop Icon Greyed Out on iPhone or Missing on Mac
AirDrop makes it really easy to transfer Files, Folders, Photos and Videos between supported iOS and macOS devices. However, many users run into problems while trying to use this feature for the first time.
In most cases, the source of the problem is related to AirDrop option not being enabled on Mac or AirDrop option being disabled on iPhone via Restrictions Passcode.
Fix AirDrop Icon Greyed Out on iPhone
The most common reason for the problem of AirDrop icon Greyed on iPhone is due to AirDrop being disabled in restrictions.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on General option.
2. On the General Settings screen, tap on Restrictions
3. On the next screen, enter your Restrictions passcode.
In case you have forgotten your restrictions passcode, you can refer to this guide: How to Reset Restrictions Passcode on iPhone, iPad or iPod.
4. On the restrictions screen, toggle ON the option for AirDrop (See image below).
If the AirDrop icon is still greyed out, Restart your phone and see if the problem is resolved.
Fix AirDrop Option Missing on Mac Sidebar
Another common issue that users encounter while trying to use AirDrop feature on Mac is to find the AirDrop option missing from the left sidebar menu in Finder.
Follow the steps below to Fix the issue of AirDrop Option Missing on Mac Sidebar.
1. Click on the Finder Icon located in the Dock on your Mac
2. Next, click on the Finder option in the top menu-bar on your Mac and then click on Preferences… in the drop-down menu.
3. On the Finder Preferences screen, click on the Sidebar tab and then check the option for AirDrop (See image below).
Now whenever you open a Finder window, the AirDrop option will always be listed under the Favourites heading in the left sidebar menu.