AirDrop feature on Apple Devices makes it really easy to transfer Photos, Files and other data between any two Apple devices. You will find below the steps to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac.
AirDrop From iPhone to Mac
The AirDrop feature makes use of Bluetooth technology to located nearby devices and WiFi Network to transfer Files.
Hence, you need to check and make sure that WiFi and Bluetooth is enabled on both iPhone and Mac.
After enabling WiFi and Bluetooth, you will have to make sure that both devices are properly setup to receive files using AirDrop.
1. Setup AirDrop on iPhone
AirDrop makes use of Bluetooth technology to identify nearby device and WiFi to transfer data wirelessly between iPhone and Mac.
Hence, follow the steps below to enable both WiFi and Bluetooth on your iPhone and Mac.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and move the toggle next to Bluetooth to ON position.
2. Similarly, make sure WiFi is enabled.
3. Go to Settings > General > Airdrop.
4. On the next screen, tap on Everyone option.
This ensure that your iPhone is ready to send and receive Photos, Videos and Files using AirDrop.
2. Setup AirDrop on Mac
Follow the steps below to make sure that your Mac is Setup to receive files using AirDrop.
1. Select the Bluetooth Icon in the top menu-bar of your Mac and click on Turn Bluetooth ON.
2. Next, click on the Finder icon > select the Go tab in top-menu bar and click on AirDrop in the drop-down menu.
3. On AirDrop screen, you should be able to see your iPhone.
Note: If iPhone is not listed, try unlocking iPhone and it should appear on the AirDrop screen.
AirDrop Photos, Videos and Files From iPhone to Mac
After setting up AirDrop on both sending (iPhone) and Receiving (Mac) devices, you can follow the steps below to wirelessly transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac.
1. Open Photos App on iPhone and select the Photos that you want to AirDrop to Mac.
2. After selecting Photos, tap on the Share icon located at the bottom-left corner.
3. After tapping on the Share icon, wait for your Mac to show up in the AirDrop section.
4. Once Mac appears, tap on your Mac to begin the process of Airdropping Photos from iPhone to Mac.
Within seconds, you should see Photos from iPhone appearing on your Mac.
Note: You may see a confirmation pop-up on Mac, tap on Accept or Allow to receive AirDrop Photos from iPhone to your Mac.