Did you just discover that some of the Apps appear to be missing on your iPhone? You will find below the steps to fix the issue of Apps Missing From iPhone or iPad.
Apps Missing From iPhone or iPad
While it is possible that you may have deleted certain Apps from your iPhone and forgotten about it.
The case of Apps missing from iPhone or iPad is related to a feature in iOS system software, designed to save resources on your iPhone.
What happens with most users is that they end up enabling the recommended “Offload Unused Apps” feature on their iPhone.
This feature keeps the storage on your device optimized by tracking unused Apps and automatically removing them from your device.
Stop Apps Disappearing from iPhone or iPad
If you do not like the idea of Apps automatically disappearing from iPhone, you can disable “Offload Unused Apps” feature on your iPhone by following the steps below.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on iTunes & App Store.
3. On the next screen, scroll down and move the toggle next to Offload Unused Apps to OFF position.
This will prevent your iPhone from automatically removing Unused Apps.
Download Deleted Apps on iPhone
After disabling Offload unused Apps feature, you will have to restore deleted Apps on your iPhone by re-downloading them back from the App Store.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Once you are in the App Store, tap on the Account icon located at the top-right corner of your screen.
3. On the Account screen, tap on Purchased.
4. On the Purchased screen, tap on Not on this iPhone to see all the Apps that have been removed from your iPhone.
5. Simply, tap on the Cloud Icon next to the Apps to re-download the deleted Apps on your iPhone.
Now, that “Offload Unused Apps” feature has been disabled on your iPhone, you will no longer find Apps being automatically removed from your iPhone.
In case you want to free up storage space, you can still manually offload Unused Apps on your iPhone.