The Mail app on your iPhone allows you to Attach Files stored on Google Drive, Drop Box and other Cloud Storage services. If this sounds interesting, continue reading to find out the exact steps to Attach Google Drive Files to Emails on iPhone or iPad.
Install Google Drive App
Google Drive is a popular and feature rich Cloud storage service that provides you with a generous 15 GB Free storage, just for signing up with the service. In case you run out of this space, you can upgrade to 100 GB storage capacity for just 1.99/month.
Download and install the Google Drive App on your iPhone or iPad from the App store, in case you haven’t already done so.
Once, the Google Drive app is downloaded and installed on your device, you need to open the app and Login to your Google Drive Account.
After this step, you are all set to attach Files stored on Google Drive to your Emails on iPhone or iPad.
Upload Files to Google Drive
As you can imagine, the Files that you want to Attach to your Emails on iPhone need to be stored and available on your Google Drive Account.
Adding Files to Google Drive is easy, you can read How to Upload Files and Folders to Google Drive to know the exact steps to upload Files to Google Drive.
Attach Google Drive Files to Emails on iPhone
Now that you already have the Attachment Files available on Google Drive, follow the steps below to Attach Files located on Google Drive to your Emails on iPhone.
1. From the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, tap on the Mail app.
2. Next, tap on the Compose New Mail Icon, located at the bottom right corner of your screen (See image below)
3. On the next screen, compose your Email and Tap and Hold anywhere within the body of your Message to activate an Editing pop-up menu with an Arrow button (See image below).
4. Next, tap on the Arrow button (See image above) till you see the Add Attachment option (See image below).
5. Next, tap on Add Attachment (See image above). By default, this action will take you to your iCloud Drive Screen.
6. On the next screen, tap on the Locations tab, from the top Upper left corner of your screen (See image below).
7. You will see a pop-up displaying a list of storage providers registered on your device. Tap on Google Drive (See image below).
Note: Tap on More, in case you do not see Google Drive option.
8. Next, simply tap on the File or Files on Google Drive that you want to attach to your Email on iPhone.
Note: You may have to tap on a folder containing required file, in case the files are located in a folder on Google Drive.