It is really easy to change Date Format in Windows 10 to dd-mm-yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy as applicable in the Country or Region that you currently live in.
Change Date Format in Windows 10
The Date Formats as used in different countries vary, depending on the cultural and legal practices followed by those Countries.
For example, mm-dd-yyyy format is commonly used in United States, while United Kingdom, Australia and most European, South American, Middle Eastern and Asian Countries follow dd-mm-yyyy format.
The exception being China, Japan, South Korea & North Korea which follow YMD format.
Luckily, Microsoft makes it really easy to change the Date Format in Windows for its users spread all over the world.
1. Steps to Change Date Format in Windows 10
Follow the steps below to change date format in Windows 10.
1. Click on the Start button > Settings icon.
2. On the Settings screen, click on Time & Language.
3. On the next screen, click on Date & Time in the left pane. In the right pane, scroll down and click on Date, time and regional formatting.
4. On the next screen, scroll down and click on Change data formats Link.
5. On the next screen, use the Short Date Field to change the Date Format on your computer from mm-dd-yyyy to to dd-mm-yyyy format or vice versa.