It is easy to Change Time and Date in Windows 10, in case you find your computer displaying incorrect Time and Date after the initial setup or later after an update or due to other reasons.
Change Time and Date in Windows 10
The Time and Date should be set automatically on your computer based on your choice of Country or Region during the initial setup of your computer.
In general, most cases of computer showing incorrect time can be corrected by selecting the right time zone for your Country or region and allowing the computer to automatically set time.
If your computer is displaying incorrect time, even after selecting the right time zone or you are unable to select the right time zone, you can manually change Time and Date in Windows 10.
1. Automatically Set Time and Date in Windows 10
Follow the steps below to automatically set the Time and Date on your Windows 10 computer.
1. Click on the Start button > Settings Icon.
2. On the Settings screen, click on Time & Language option.
3. On the next screen, click on Date & Time in the side menu. In the right pane, select the right Time Zone based on the Region or Country where the computer is located.
You can also toggle on Adjust for daylight saving time automatically, if the Country where you live follows Daylight Time savings.
Once you select the right time zone, the clock on your computer will automatically adjust to show the right Time and Date.
If you enable the “Daylight Time Saving” option, your computer will automatically move forward by 1 hour in spring and move back by 1 hour in Autumn, based on the Daylight Time Saving settings in your region.
2. Manually Change Date and Time in Windows 10
If you find that your computer unable to set correct Time and Date automatically, you can manually change Date and Time on your computer.
1. Open Settings > click on Time & language.
2. On the Next screen, click on Date & time in the side menu. In the right pane, toggle OFF Set time automatically option and click on the Change button.
Note: The Change button becomes clickable only when Set Time Automatically option is disabled.
3. On the next screen, change Date and Time as required and click on the Change button.
3. Change Time and Date Formats
In case you want to, it is possible to change the Date and Time Formats in Windows 10. This will change the way in which time and date are displayed on your computer.
1. Go to Settings > Time & Language.
2. On the next screen, click on Date & Time in the left side menu. In the right pane, scroll down and click on Date, time and regional formatting.
3. On the next screen, scroll down and click on Change data formats Link.
4. On the next screen, you will be able to change the display format of Time and Date on your computer.