The process to clear RAM on iPhone X, XR and 11 is a bit different. You will find below a workaround to clear and reset RAM on iPhone models lacking a Home button.
Clear RAM on iPhone X, XR and 11
Even if you have the latest model of iPhone, it will eventually slow down and become sluggish over a period of time.
This usually happens on all computing devices due to accumulation of outdated or expired data and bits of unused program files in RAM (Random Access Memory).
Hence, it is considered a good practice to give your iPhone a fresh restart by periodically clearing its RAM.
If you are used to clearing RAM by using the Home button, you might be wondering about how to clear RAM on iPhone X and newer models of iPhone, which do not have a Home button.
Hence, we are providing below the steps to add ‘Assistive Touch’ icon to the Home screen of your iPhone and use the virtual Home button in Assistive Touch Menu to clear RAM on iPhone X, XR and 11.
1. Add Assistive Touch Icon to iPhone X, XR and 11
Follow the steps below to add Assistive Touch icon to the Home screen of your iPhone.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
3. On the Accessibility screen, tap on the Touch option located under ‘Physical And Motor’ section.
4. On the Touch screen, tap on AssistiveTouch option.
5. On the next screen, toggle ON the AssistiveTouch option.
You should now see the white and gray ‘Assistive Touch’ icon at the bottom right corner of the Home screen on your iPhone.
2. Clear RAM on iPhone X, XR and iPhone 11
Now that Assistive Touch icon is available on the screen of your iPhone, you can follow the steps below to quickly clear RAM on iPhone.
1. Press and hold the Power (ON/OFF) or the Side button on your iPhone.
2. Release the Side button when you see ‘Slide to power off’ screen.
3. On slide to power off screen, tap on the AssistiveTouch icon and this will open the Assistive touch menu.
4. On the AssistiveTouch menu, tap and hold the Home button icon.
You will immediately see the screen of your iPhone flash and going to the Lock screen.
The above steps will effectively clear the RAM on your iPhone and you should now see your device running faster than before.
Whenever your iPhone becomes sluggish, you can use the above steps to clear RAM and improve its performance.